Yorkshire Divers - Dive Medicine
  • Sponsors

• Dive Medicine RSS Feed

Published on 26-07-12 09:38 AM  Number of Views: 3094 
    Article Preview

No doubt most of us have, at one time or another, cast a worried glance at one of our larger diving brethren and wondered how on earth they manage to kit up, let alone dive safely. It’s certainly one of the commoner comments made to me in the consulting room. There are many reasons that diving attracts those of, ah, more expansive girth, not least the temporary removal of gravitational pull on their abdomen. However, one of the consequences of obesity is heart disease, which is the third most common cause of death whilst diving. In this article I want to highlight a few aspects of this often overlooked risk factor in diving accidents.
    by Published on 28-10-11 08:41 AM

If you are prepared to grab a coffee and concentrate for 10min or so I think you will end up knowing everything you need ...
    by Published on 22-02-10 03:26 PM  Number of Views: 4327 
    1. Categories:
    2. Hyperbaric Medicine
    Article Preview

"You've got a skin bend on your shoulder and a suspected bend in the joints of your fingers. You'll not be going home tonight"

Right about now the events of today started to sink in. I changed out of my clothes into a paper smock and sandals ("can't have any risk of sparks where you're going!") and was led towards the chamber. It was 7.30pm and all the attendants had been called in on emergency cover. I gave Andy a weak smile ...