Important Legal Information
Terms and Conditions of the Yorkshire Divers Internet Website.
This website is owned and maintained by YD.com Limited ("us", “we”, "Yorkshire Divers" or "YD").The use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions that you should read carefully. By using this website you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions then you may not use this website. The headings shown below are for convenience only and do not limit the applicability of any term and condition.
1. In order to become a member of the website and to post to the website you must register an account with us.
2. You must maintain a valid email address associated with your membership account.
3. The creation of multiple accounts ("sock puppets") for one person is prohibited.
4. You must not share your membership account, your password or any other details of your account with other individuals and no one may log onto your account other than you.
5. By becoming a member of the website you understand that we will display your membership account (including its status) and any posts, articles or any information and files you upload to the website indefinitely.
6. Membership of this board is a privilege not a right and is at the absolute discretion of Yorkshire Divers. If you break any of these terms or behave in a matter detrimental to the good of this website then at a minimum you will be warned either via Private Message or an infraction (which might result in a temporary suspension), however if you continue with that behaviour or break other rules or if on review we think your infraction was serious then you will be banned. Serious infringements of these terms will result in an instant ban.
7. If you threaten someone in any way on the forums or via its private messaging system or perform or condone any unlawful act or behave in a manner which harms our community then you will be instantly banned with no warning.
8. Infractions and bans are private matters between this website, its staff and individual users who receive said infraction or ban. They may not be made public or discussed on the website.
9. Please be warned that the consequences of being banned are that you will be unable to access the website, your account will be placed into banned status and your account will be publicly shown to be banned and all your posts will be shown to be published from a banned account.
10. While we respect a user's desire to request a review of the status of their account when banned, we specifically forbid the use of sock puppets (multiple user accounts) or another user's account to make such a request. All such requests must be sent firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. At this point of the process, we will not correspond any further unless we change your status.
11. You may cancel your membership at any time when your account is in good standing (e.g. while not in receipt of an infringement or ban). To do so please inform an administrator. Your account will be marked with a status of Membership Cancelled and will be deactivated. Any posts you have made will be shown to have been made from a cancelled account.
12. To request reactivation of a cancelled membership account please contact email@example.com where a review of your request will be made.
13. If you wish to discuss these Terms then contact us via a Private Message or email. You agree you will not discuss the terms on the forums or in public.
14. While we encourage discussion about a wide range of subjects, there are certain areas which elicit more animosity and subsequently far more flames. As a result you agree that discussions involving politics, religion, nationalities or anything of a sexual nature be reserved for other message boards that are better venues for these topics and will not be discussed on this website.
15. Cross Posting / Reposting / Reprinting of information from this site is forbidden without written permission of the site owner.
16. Any photos that are uploaded to our gallery may have the websites name shown on them in one corner to discourage image theft.
17. Spam, data mining or recruiting our membership is forbidden.
18. You agree that you will not post or upload any material which might give rise to legal liability on our part to a third party and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless for any liability how so ever arising resulting from the material posted or uploaded by you.
19. You agree that when posting in an existing thread you will not hijack the thread or attempt to take it off topic.
20. When posting you will not spam, troll, flame or insult members.
21. Excessively profane, insulting or mean spirited language is not allowed here.
22. Harassment or bullying or threats of any sort are not tolerated and may result in an instant ban of your user account.
23. You agree and understand that the debates may become passionate but you will not to resort to personal attacks. If you feel that you have been attacked, you will not retaliate but instead use the "report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of the post to notify us.
24. Posts advocating or condoning illegal activity are not allowed on the board.
25. Commercial postings or postings about commercial suppliers / stores / operations are only allowed about or to site sponsors / advertisers. Any other posts will be deleted.
26. A user may include their company’s URL within their signature line, you may not link to any other commercial sites within your signature.
27. Signature lines must be limited to four lines.
28. We reserve the right to edit or delete any signature we do not feel is appropriate for the website.
29. Nudity or overly provocative images or racist or offensive images may not be used for Avatars or submitted anywhere on the website.
30. You agree that moderators and administrators at their discretion and when they deem it in the best interest of Yorkshire Divers, may edit or delete avatars, pictures, posts, articles, map entries, threads or any other information submitted to the website. They might also split threads to ensure a thread stays on topic and/or give infractions (which might result in a temporary or permanent ban) to users who fail to follow these rules. They will also ban users when necessary.
31. You agree that the moderators and administrators have the last word in any dispute and are responsible for the smooth running of the website and have final interpretation of these terms and conditions of use.
Diving Medicine Forum
32. The Website, its owner, its moderators, administrators and affiliated health professionals provide this forum for the discussion of general questions concerning diving medicine only.
33. It is intended to be for general discussion and educational purposes only.
34. Information provided by members, moderators, administrators and/or health professionals is in no way intended to serve as actual individual medical advice, diagnoses, or to provide treatment plans.
35. In no way does participating on these forums constitute a formal or informal doctor/patient relationship.
36. Contributions to the Diving Medicine forum are not limited to physicians, doctors or other health professionals. In fact, all members are invited to participate.
37. We assume no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or reliability of any posts.
38. It is possible that some information may be inaccurate, incomplete or otherwise flawed.
39. The information in these posts is not reviewed and is by no means endorsed or verified by the Yorkshire Divers moderators, administrators or owner.
40. While your health is important to us, you are responsible for your own health care. In the event you feel you have any medical concerns regarding actual illness, injury or other possible risks, you should consult your physician or other health care professionals as you deem necessary and as soon as possible.
41. Any diver who believes that he or she (or a buddy) may have an urgent medical problem, including but not limited to any life threatening conditions, should initiate Emergency Medical Services contact immediately! Next, he or she should contact both a personal physician, and the Diver's Alert Network (DAN).
Trips / Holidays Forum
42. One thread only per event.
43. Any commercial offerings should be identified as such and may only be made from site sponsors.
44. No "bumping" allowed. Legitimate questions are fine, but please do not post just to get a better position in the forum.
45. You may purchase a "sticky" if you want. Please contact an administrator for details.
Rebreather and Dive Equipment Marketplace
46. The ‘for sale’ forums are not a place to criticise, comment on or in other way speak to the reliability or history of products for sale. Messages commenting on the quality or value of a deal negatively are expressly forbidden as are messages that “flame”, “troll” or otherwise negatively attack a company for their business practices. Honest, fact-based criticism can be posted in the appropriate forum elsewhere on the site.
47. Posting competing or counter offers to an advertisement in this forum immediately after another company's post simply as a means of under-cutting the first advertiser is expressly forbidden.
48. All members must read any and all sticky or announcement threads related to additional rules or restrictions that may exist in a particular For Sale sub-forum.
Advertising / Sponsorship
49. This website maintains commercial relationships with numerous companies which are unrelated to the ownership of this website.
50. Advertisers (also known as Sponsors) are entitled to no extra privileges nor may they break or disobey these terms in any way.
51. Advertising on this site is subject exclusively to English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Canadian courts.
52. The maximum liability we accept in relation to advertising on the site in respect of any dispute with us is the amount paid for advertising by the advertiser in the current calendar year.
53. Adverts are only accepted from the company paying for the advert / sponsorship, you may not advertise on another company’s behalf.
54. After advertising payment has been received then adverts will be uploaded to the site as soon as possible.
55. Advertising rates are valid for 1 year from the initial payment being received.
56. Advertising does not imply endorsement of a product, service or user by the website or its owner YD.com Ltd.
57. Neither this website its owner or staff are agents of the companies advertising on the website.
58. Adverts must be paid for in advance. They may be cancelled by the advertiser at any time and we will then remove the advert and the identification that the user is a Sponsor but no refunds will be given.
59. You agree that this website including its use and membership is governed exclusively by Canadian law and that Canadian courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising with or through this website or the website owner YD.com Ltd.
60. You agree to personal jurisdiction by Canadian Courts for all matters relating to this website or the website owner YD.com Ltd.
61. In the event that any provision of these terms and conditions of use of this website is held unenforceable, it will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
62. All posts and articles on this website are the opinions of their respective authors and may not reflect the views of this website or its owner, you agree that Yorkshire Divers, its owner YD.com Ltd and all moderators and administrators cannot be held responsible or liable for the content of this website or the authenticity or accuracy of any information available on this website.
63. If you are employed by or own a company in the Scuba Industry and post on their behalf then you have accepted these terms and conditions on their behalf.
64. This is a safety oriented board and our recommendation is that each diver should seek formal accredited training on how to operate his or her unit and we do not recommend any other course of action. We encourage you to avail yourself of as much formal accredited training as possible. A competent instructor will be able to see safety concerns that you might miss.
65. The posts and articles written by the moderators and administrators are their individual views and you agree neither this website nor its owner YD.com Ltd are responsible or liable for their content, authenticity or accuracy.
66. We accept no liability (including without limitation) in either contract, tort, negligence, statutory duty or otherwise (to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law) arising out of the use of or access to or content contained on this website (which includes without limitation) any errors or omissions contained in this website or if the website is unavailable and we shall not be liable for any direct or indirect: