YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Dry Gloves Systems

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Daviesjez 
#1 ·
Hi Guy's,
Looking for some advice with Dry Glove Systems, I dive with a O'Three Ri 2-100 Dry Suit and have been thinking of going down the Dry Glove route before the colder weather comes upon us. I do dive all year in any weather and I have been in touch with O'Three, they recommend two systems, (1) the Kubi system and (2) the Check up system. Have any of you used any of these systems and if so how easy is it to change a Glove if it gets punctured, especially if your on say a hard boat.
Is there any other recommendations you divers have ? What kind of system works for you ? .
Looking forward to your replies.
Cheers
Ian

#2 ·
My wife has the Kubi on the same suit. It's a great system but I don't like the over seals. I did see that Kubi will soon be doing a system where it's glued directly to the inside of the sleeve. That I would be interested in.

I have the Antares system. I've had a few leeks but that's mainly user error. Now I take the time to look after the o-rings properly it's been fine. Be aware, the tabs are fragile. My review is at http://rectotec.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/si-tech-antares-dry-gloves-santi-fleece.html?m=1

TG

Sent from my iPhone using Timmytalk (hopefully)

#4 · (Edited)
I have had the Kubi system, the gloves can be fragile ( marigold style ) I think they have an option for a thicker glove nowadays.
I have had the Antares as well , more robust Showa gloves, but bear in mind if you have size 10 hands you will be limited to a thin under glove as the glove ring is small on the Antares.
Currently use O'three mits.

Antares Glove change is easy even with cold wet hands, Kubi can be a pain to get the o rings back on the ring to secure the glove.

#5 ·
We both have Kubi's. Not had any real issues, and the gloves are more robust than they look( Usually go thru 1-2 gloves a season, mainly wreck diving). Not sure what issues people have in changing the gloves over, take a couple of minutes at best( its only 2 o rings) and a couple more if cleaning the o rings up....Maybe i've got the knack for changing these, as my mates who have Kubis usually give them to me to change/set up theirs!!.Usually change glove size for summer/winter to allow for thicker layering in the colder months.

Cheers

Jez

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.