YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

sound of Mull

3K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  Ammers 
#1 ·
Imported post

Now prove me wrong that most of you only dive St Abbs.......

Feb 22 - 23. Liveaboard, Jane R, triple arse wipe trip.
we plan to do all the normal wrecks of the sound, Hispania, Ronda, Thesis, Shuna etc. for those that want a dip and for those that can we are doing the Buitenzorg (80-100).
met boat friday night Oban. saturday night in Tobermory.
2 shallow dives and deep one on saturday and see what the hangovers are like for the sunday.
Cost. £110, fully inclusive of all food, snacks, tea and coffee.
Only extra is O2 and beer money.
P.S. Who cares about various spellings?

#3 ·
Imported post

Phew!!... Three dives on the Saturday, one of which is a 100m Trimix expedition requiring all of the planning, support and backup that such a dive would entail, knock off the 60-90 minute deco obligations get everything wrapped up and still have the time and inclination to travel to and drop off a load of recreational divers onto the Shuna or the Breda, and hey maybe even squeeze that third one in for everyone too, thats a busy day for February me ol'cock.

#8 ·
Imported post

And what exactly is your point Stef?

Diving is for fun - its not a competitive sport. You do mixed gas diving? Good for you - that shows a lot of commitment to the sport. Its just a pity that you don't seem mature enough to respect others and their levels of experience. We get a lot of differing levels of experience on here from people who have not yet started diving but have questions to ask, through to people who are helping push some of the technical boundaries even further. Your posts do nothing to dispel the myth that UK diving is solely a competitive sport, consisting of nothing more than sitting around saying "I dived to this depth - how deep have you gone" and belittling others because they choose to dive for different reasons than you.

Yorkshire Divers is a site for people with a genuine love and interest in diving to meet and exchange information, thoughts and ideas. Please leave your ego at the door as you come in. If you can't do that, then make sure the door doesn't hit you on the arse as you leave.

#9 ·
Imported post

Steph,

Your point being what?? That you couldn't post a civil and friendly post if your life depended on it??

Beginning a post with "Now prove me wrong....." before entering into some rant about Abbs?! WTF!

And like that wasn't gonna get taken only one way? We dive all over place (coast, inland and hard boat), it's just that you've never bothered your arse to get in amongst it and join the troop on an organised gig and just content yourself with sitting on the side-lines making psuedo-ascerbic comments and throwing fucks in to the conversation. Some skill that, huh Stef?!

Get your act together, play nice and you may find out that folk on here have time for you. In fact, I challenge you to meet us on any of the posted dive trips as I feel sure we could get along - only please stop with the sniping will ya?? It just makes you look lonely.

Abbs is a site I've never dived - I'm correcting that this weekend. That said, there is a large number of divers on here that love the place - no shame there; I love Trearddur Bay and Anglesey; you love..........well, where do you love??

You seem to stalk Ammers at Dotty and wax lyrical about some mythical armchair you're supposed to live/dive in. And like a profile like that is (accompanied by your fine line in dismissive commentary) gonna win you friends and dive buddies?! Have a word with ya self.

Like I said, sort your life out and you're more than welcome to dive with us any where - even Abbs! ;)

And there's currently a bar room debate as to whether you are male or female, as 'Stef', as I'm sure you're aware, can be used in a slightly androgynous manner - care to settle the bebate??

What ever you do, and where you do it, dive safe.

(Edited by Bren Tierney at 8:50 pm on Jan. 22, 2003)

#10 ·
Imported post

Bren
You thicko, Stef is obviously a bloke.
It says 'Billy no mates' under his name. How many birds do you know called Billy?
Personaly Stef, I gave up on the 'who can piss furthest up the wall' contests before I left school. I used to get my shoes wet

Reactions: Mr T.
#11 ·
Imported post

well that got a few remarks.............
stalking Ammmers.... not a chance, dotty is good for some serious depth. Shes there for same reason. maybe untrained and loud but thats her.
The 'Billy no mates' was was so kindly added by Yorkshire divers admin.
As for being a bloke.......... Do read some of the other posts.... could not piss up a wall if i tried.... well i did read dive girl article and then got my fingers wet.....
so YOU lot get of your horses and vist the real world. there are a lot of divers who read these posts and laugh, over a 1000 reading of a dive to Anglesey to dive the straights or treador bay.... get with it guys- far better dives on offer out there and they dont have to be deep.
Put some thing worth while on and I and a lot of others would consider it, but dont bother us with shore dives and drift dives.
And dont start on St Abbs.........

#12 ·
Imported post

why dont you all get of stefs case and do some diving instead of just talking about it. stef is a competent diver who dives every weekend in a variety of places and conditions. when i posted a trip on here i had plenty of people 'saying' they would come but none of them turned up...except for stef. i will certainly be on this trip and many others organised by stef. you lot on here have a lot to learn about diving so dont slag off someone who knows what they are talking about through experience not just badge collecting. and as for stalking ammers....no-one can get away from her. she stalked a friend of mine at dotty last weekend who was actually there training students and she decided to just attach herself to them without invitation. would like to know why she posts on yorkshire divers when she doesnt even live in yorkshire!

#13 ·
Imported post

Hey Stef.
You post about a trip to Sound of Mull for a weekend two weeks before Peter Ks weekend to same and wonder why you get no positive response 24hrs later.
If you wanted to be an active diving member of Yd why didn`t you sign up for Pete`s trip?

If you`d arranged it for later you would have had more response, but not now, why would 1 or anyone want to travel approx 500miles one way for a weekend diving with someone that does not seem to want to make new friends in the diving comunity.
Oh bye the way I`m not from Yorkshire, does this mean you won`t read my posts.

#14 ·
Imported post

Wow.  You re-registered just to say that?

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Frog Princess on 11:02 am on Jan. 23, 2003
you lot on here have a lot to learn about diving so dont slag off someone who knows what they are talking about through experience not just badge collecting.
<span =''>

1.  Yes we know we have a lot to learn.  If you spend some time here you would really realise the truth on your comment.  Why don't you and Stef change your mind-set and impart your knowledge to help those, like me, that would benefit from it.  I'm not being sacastic - I mean it.

2.  Nobody is really questioning Stef's experience but a few people are cheesed off with the bitter attitude.

3. I'd guess that most people on the board aren't from Yorkshire - Originally I'm not.  It makes not a jot of difference.  People register here because of the supportive atmosphere that you don't find on other fora.

BTW when you made your post on your planned trip there weren't that many people on the board.  Why don't you try again and you really might get a better response.

If you read a lot of the posts re Stef again I sure you will find that she has been asked again and again to be a little more positive and less bitter and will getter a better response for doing so.  Nobody is getting on her back, people are trying to get her off theirs!

#15 ·
Imported post

Hear hear, well said that man.  Stef's had a few digs at me for some reason, why I haven't the faintest.  I'm not really interested either, life is for living (and diving!)not sniping people one has never met - to my knowledge.  This is not a dress rehersal.  Speaking of trips, Gavster & Fi were giong to organise a weekend in Alnwick before we were pipped at the post.  Any chance of resurrecting it do you think?

#16 ·
Imported post

Ahem... "you lot..."
 Are we the Borg Collective now?  :robo:

And what's a "triple arse wipe trip" ? I'm not the slightest bit interested in scatology, thank you very much!.

Bottom line is that the Anglesey trip was thrown into the arena as a get together for people who want to be friendly, not as some kind of depth-challenge fest; If I want macho-challenges Newcastle is full of them any night of the week, like Gav says - Remember, it's meant to be fun
nuff said
Steve

#17 ·
Imported post

One addendum.

FrogPrincess advertised a trip to Anglesey last year.  From these boards there was only ever 1 final taker - Stef.  The 'plenty of people' ie Billy the Kangaroo, that said they would turn up actually posted on the board that they couldn't and this was acknowledged by FP.

(Edited by Timing at 12:13 pm on Jan. 23, 2003)

(Edited by Timing at 12:14 pm on Jan. 23, 2003)

#18 ·
Imported post

We will certainly be back at Alnick in the spring with diving at the Farnes and drinking in front of the fire on the agenda.

I really can't understand why Stef's got a problem with some people - everyone I've met from YD and that's quite a few now have been really spot on people to talk and dive with.

But if Stef doesn't like the vibe here, or the diving that some of us do, or the attitudes or even St Abbs for god's sake there are other fora.

#19 ·
Imported post

OK People,

This particular little thread ends here and now please. This is not what YD is all about and if Stef and Frog Princess want to dive with each other (or anything else for that matter) then that's their call.

I think we've estabished that Stef has difficulty being civil in most cases and sees cynicism as her only option (sad but true); she poo-poo's other divers that don't meet her 'exacting standards' vis-à-vis diving (when it truth, none of us has met her or can comment on her diving capabilities, she may even be God's own Uber-muppet when it comes down to it, we simply can't comment and will have to take both her and Frog Princess's words for it!); has a track record (whether Frog Princess chooses to acknowledge this as fact or remain in her cosy realm of self-delusion or not is again her own call) of coming on here to spread descent and make personal comments about divers with whom she's never met, let alone dived.

YD is a mixed bag of approaches for ALL divers of ALL training agencies - not just the 'Deep-Diving-at-Dotty' brigade. If the latter want to do that, then go ahead and fill yer collective boots. There is room on YD, me thinks, for all divers in this passtime of ours - and no ONE approach or practise (as long as it's safe and planned) is gonna suit every diver on these boards. Quad Erat Demonstrandum.

Any way, the two girls have settled the bar room debate at least. Whether they get wet reading 'DiveGirl' magazine or can piss up a wall can be left to their own proclivity and mores.

They quite obviously have different aspirations in diving than some of the folks on this board - and that's fine and groovy: whether that ranges from Stef's O2-clean armchair or Frog Princess's over-riding sense of loyalty to a 'Sister Diss'd' - enjoy your diving girls, be safe in it.....but leave your personal issues off YD and don't try and make out that 'we started it', it won't wash I'm afraid.

And after all that's been said here, the offer/invite still stands - please get yourselves on a dive with us any where we dive; as contrary to FP's assersion, we do dive regularly all over the place, most weekends or every other weekend and quite often there is a mid-week dip on offer to boot, and all either inland, sea, shore, hard-boat etc. If either of you got invloved a bit more instead of sniping, you'd know that. Like I said, the offer stil stands. We await your pleasure........

Dive safe all - always,

#20 ·
Imported post

Nice one bren.  But....  I CAN piss up a wall further than anyone!!!

#21 ·
Imported post

Hmm.  Stef - anyone who can generate as much hatred as you can't be all bad!!  Why don't you stop stalking me at Dotty and come and introduce yourself! Who knows we might even enjoy a deep dip and a deco beer together

As for the Mull trip, you can sure as #### count me in for that, sounds #### good. I am totally serious there. Buitenzorg is not a problem. I have already dived deeper than where it lies and I have full off board trimix bailout capability along with my yellow box of debt.   I wouldn't mind doing some shallow wrecks too. The shallowest wreck I've done is 65 metres. I'd like to do the fish prodder wrecks LOL.  Get in touch please re payment for the trip etc etc. am23uk@yahoo.co.uk

As for "Frog Princess's" comments about stalking people last week!! I bumped into Jeff Keep, a friend of a friend, on the surface and then in the water, while bimbling along at 50m and they happened to be heading back the same way as me, diving on my tod.  If that makes me a stalker then I'll stick to the sump at 100+ metres where your "fish prodder" mates can't get to >:).  

The point about Yorkshire is completely invalid. I have contributed more to this board in the past than certain people from Yorkshire and I have as much right to be here.  If you don't like that, then grab your jacket on the way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.