YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Imploding dry suits

967 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Phil Ennis 
#1 ·
Imported post

Ok so if you read the kitting up post you will get the picture. Suit inflation on stage travel gas 50% 02 and back up suit inflation is redundent hose from back gas 23/20. Now asuming I had a lot more helium in the mix I might have had to call the dive due to cold but fortunatly I didnt.

Chap says I always have a redundant inflator on the other stage as well to avoid this problem.
But that 85% 02 I say wont it go bang if I chuck it into my dry bag along with the scuzzey underwear and Linx (I dont need a shower) body spray??

Nahhh he sais I do it with 100% 02 all the time. Lets face it have you ever herd of an imploding Techie??

Now I must admit I havent seen any divers doing impresions of depth charges and on reflection, most of the divers had single stages with 80 -100% in so they must have had that in their suits too.

So how do you 02 cleen a dry suit?

Come to think of it how do you 02 cleen a three day old pair of Calvin Clyns??

Any thaughts on this:

See less See more
#2 ·
Imported post

Hi Mark,
You only NEED to clean items coming into contact with o2 at high pressure, ie 1st stage, cylinder etc. So dont worry you wont get your wedding tackle blown off. If there was something down there allready smouldering then yes it would fuel it, ...... anything  you feel you should tell us about
?
???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.