YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Changing batteries - Suunto Mosquito

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Lynne 
#1 ·
Ok, I appreciate that it's hardly technical, but I am about to change my battery and wanted to know if anyone has any tips to making sure I get it well sealed (silicon grease or something else, a little or loads?) - wouldn't want to make a mistake and have it flood on a dive (and have to buy a new one!)

From a snotty, miserable, poorly, bored person hoping this fecking nightmare of a heavy cold (for the men, this is what you'd call man flu!) will go (at least before 18th feb when I go to the maldives and hopefully before the hardhat/chamber dive next weekend) Right that's it moan over now :D

All advice (on computer and ridding myself of the cold) gratefully received

#7 ·
Two things of note with Mosquito battery changes.

1. When taking the back off, it only turns about a quarter then you need to get a little lever in the ridge to gentle lift it out.

2. The o-ring should be pre greased, just rub it between your finger to move it evenly. Then check that there aren't any hairs caught on it.

A 2 pence piece works well for me. Don't turn too hard when putting it back on either, as the back plate is very soft.

Hope that helps

#8 ·
kevFISH said:
Two things of note with Mosquito battery changes.

1. When taking the back off, it only turns about a quarter then you need to get a little lever in the ridge to gentle lift it out.

2. The o-ring should be pre greased, just rub it between your finger to move it evenly. Then check that there aren't any hairs caught on it.

A 2 pence piece works well for me. Don't turn too hard when putting it back on either, as the back plate is very soft.

Hope that helps
Thanks kev, just what i wanted - incoming green when I can :D

#9 ·
turbanator said:
Lynne,

Don't think that more is better with silicon grease.
Just make sure that the o-ring is in good nick and you put enough on to make it shiney.
I tend to put a little on my fingers, rub it in them pull the o-ring through it.

r
Paul
Ta paul will green you when I can, might be a while cos I recently greened ya!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.