YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

New O'Three Drysuit

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  johntemp 
#1 ·
I am on the verge of buying an off the peg O'Three drysuit and can't decide whether to add a cuff dump or not.

Being used to my leaky old bag, I have always used a cuff dump and find this ok. O'Threes come with a shoulder dump as standard.

I assume that the majority of people prefer shoulder dumps by the fact that O'Three offer these as standard but having spoken to many people about their preference I find that cuff dumps are prefered!

The question is - should I buy a standard drysuit and get used to the shoulder dump or spend extra and have a cuff dump fitted?

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Auto dump. Wrist dumps are OK, but I found that when "working with the hammer" or anything that involved lifting arm above head I lost air from the suit.
I have one of the nice big ones fitted, my buddy had a slimline version that was a bit tempremental!!!!

#4 ·
John,
when buying your drysuit go down to weymouth and discuss it with Othree, they'll do quite a lot of tailoring of the suit included in the price. However do go down and order it before LIDS or there will be a much longer wait for them to put the boots and seals on the suit.
HTH
Simon A

#5 ·
Odin said:
Auto dump. Wrist dumps are OK, but I found that when "working with the hammer" or anything that involved lifting arm above head I lost air from the suit.
I have one of the nice big ones fitted, my buddy had a slimline version that was a bit tempremental!!!!

im with odin here ,when i first used a reel i got lazy and was a bit to negatively bouyant and my arms went above my head ,whichwith a cuff dump exacerbates the problem so i got a drysuit with shoulder dump and never looked back.

#6 ·
Thanks for the advice, I've gone for the autodump.
Looking forward to getting back to dry dives and putting my poor old Typhoon bag to rest, after many years of faithful service the cost of replacing the zip and all seals is just to much.

Thanks Again
JT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.