YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Divator RB conversion.

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Drmike 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

We've covered this one before, but as I sit here Googling intensly, I cant believe that these are the only people to make conversion kits for my FFM.

Anyone know of other resources?

The Divator is essential, no other will do. Basically due to the fact that I have invested a lot in the mask and the comms sets, otherwise I would get a KM48. No question. (beat you to it Doc).

Here's what I found so far.

Good (ish) but prices thought up by Micheal Jackson. http://www.divenet.com/divematics/fullfacemasks/

Not the best design in the world. http://www.divenet.com/divematics/mouthpiece/

Mind you, when will they realise that with a FFM the OC/DSV is a large lump hanging off the front, would be better if the hoses exited at 45degrees back to help out there. Never mind.

Mr ROUTLEY!!
Now I have your attention. John, you said before "i've just started work on an o/c dsv which will mate straight to the concverted mask and should keep the profile small compared to other masks on the market" Whats the chances?

BRASS MONKEY!
Dave, how did you get on with Filip from Nemo? They were cheap if I remember.

See less See more
#2 ·
hi brent, did you contact my friend in the US? if i remember rightly i gave you his contact details for the AGA convertion to go staright to the dolphin dsv

i started work on my oc/dsv but binned it when looking into the costs it was going to be way to much so i've ended up buying one from memotec which will fit to dreager hoses with out adapters and will be no problem to fit to my converted Divator......that is when it finily gets here. there a very long wait with them about 3 mounths

http://www.master.pl/~nemotech/menu%20gb.htm

i'll post some pic s when its finished
best regards john routley

#3 · (Edited)
Hi john,
To be honest, at the time I had to shelve the idea and never did get in touch. things are back to normal now and I am getting tired of going OC every time we need the comms.
The Nemotech gear does look good value, how does it attach? The Divematics gear needs the whole oral nasal mount changing, does this? It would be the only choice if it fitted the bayonet the same as the DV. I would have to be able to fit the buddy phones though. Any hints? BTW, what is it costing you for that? (PM or mail me if you prefer).
Cheers JR

#4 ·
divetheworld said:
Mind you, when will they realise that with a FFM the OC/DSV is a large lump hanging off the front, would be better if the hoses exited at 45degrees back to help out there.
Are you sure? I would have expected problems turning your head. I had to tweak my system once I added an ADV and a DSV for just this problem.

nigelH

#6 · (Edited)
nigelH said:
Are you sure? I would have expected problems turning your head. I had to tweak my system once I added an ADV and a DSV for just this problem.

nigelH
I suppose it depends on the angle and length of the hoses. It's academic anyway Nigel, because beggars cant be choosers! I'll take what I can get as long as I'm not getting ripped off.
Thats why I wont consider the KM48 with CC pod.

I so much appreciate you help on this one John. Green blobs for you! I wait with baited breath for the pics.

#7 ·
divetheworld said:
I suppose it depends on the angle and length of the hoses. It's academic anyway Nigel, because beggars cant be choosers! I'll take what I can get as long as I'm not getting ripped off.
Thats why I wont consider the KM48 with CC pod.

I so much appreciate you help on this one John. Green blobs for you! I wait with baited breath for the pics.

Hi,

KM is only supplying the CC pod to the military now. Best bet if you want to go this route is to get the Scuba pod without the OC reg and put a KISS or similar OC/CC valve in it.

Cheers
Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.