YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Crotch straps

2K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  sch 
#1 ·
Managed to lose my crotch strap at the weekend - can anyone recommend anywhere that does them at a decent price?

Cheers,
Simon

#5 ·
Reikimaster said:
If you are near Reading i can give you some spare 2inch webbing then all you need is 2 d-rings and 2 non toothed ss wieght retainers.

RM
ReikiMaster - thanks for the offer, but I was looking for something a bit thinner. The crotch strap I lost was probably about 3/4 inch or so.

#6 ·
NotDeadYet said:
Our own Mr Woz can help you out

Have a look at www.kitfondle.co.uk
Had a look on kitfondle but couldn't see any on there, of course I could be (as my much better half would say) 'having a man look', so any advice as to which page would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Simon

#7 ·
Reactions: sch
#8 ·
nickb said:
OK, I'm going to bite.

How does one lose a crotch strap?
Good question :)

At the start of the dive on Saturday afternoon, Gizmo pointed out that it was no longer attached to the backplate. But given I was just about to roll over the side, I decided I'd be ok anyway since I tend to have it fairly loose (which of course means that the straps are too tight over the arms, something else I need to sort).

Getting back into the RIB, it must have fallen off the waist-strap when I undid the buckle :(

Cheers,
Simon

#10 ·
#13 ·
#14 ·
sch said:
Thanks for that - yup seen the bits on there now. Hadn't even considered making my own, but suppose it shouldn't be that difficult.
Pls take extra care of your crotch, lest you lose that too!

It's not that I really care (obviously as a fellow human being I have some compassion for the misfortune of others) particularly, it's just that I don't want to find a loose one floating past me during a dive. :)

#15 ·
Thanks for all your help guys - had a PM from Gizmo with the offer of a late Birthday present and it looks like its all been sorted now :D :)

Thanks all, and especially Gizmo!!

#18 ·
sch said:
Good question :)

At the start of the dive on Saturday afternoon, Gizmo pointed out that it was no longer attached to the backplate. But given I was just about to roll over the side, I decided I'd be ok anyway since I tend to have it fairly loose (which of course means that the straps are too tight over the arms, something else I need to sort).

Getting back into the RIB, it must have fallen off the waist-strap when I undid the buckle :(

Cheers,
Simon

ermmm.... isn't Gizmo after a crotch strap .... perhaps he nabbed your :p

#19 ·
AirAssisted said:
ermmm.... isn't Gizmo after a crotch strap .... perhaps he nabbed your :p
Bulk discount ..... BTW I'm still not talking to you at the moment........:p :teeth:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.