View Full Version : Custom Divers now doing the Meg

Rudolf Hucker
14-05-05, 08:38 AM
Still looking for the answer to the question which ccr for me? I see that CD in Surrey have taken on the meg franchise. Does anyone out there in the RB world have any experience with these devices, can you give me pros and cons etc. One last bit, is there any pricing info availbale? Cheers all:-)

Ken
14-05-05, 09:10 AM
Still looking for the answer to the question which ccr for me? I see that CD in Surrey have taken on the meg franchise. Does anyone out there in the RB world have any experience with these devices, can you give me pros and cons etc. One last bit, is there any pricing info availbale? Cheers all:-)

There is an active site called http://www.rebreatherworld.com that has an enormous forum as well as active threads regarding the Megalodon rebreather. Ken

Mark Chase
14-05-05, 09:15 AM
Look Here for a tear down page

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/articles.php?action=viewarticle&artid=33

ATB

Mark Chase

Rudolf Hucker
14-05-05, 11:10 AM
Thanks for that Mark

Brass Monkey
14-05-05, 03:31 PM
I looked into the Meg a while back, this is some info they sent me. Hope this is of some help.

http://www.yorkshire-divers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=9052

Dave.

Decodiver
15-05-05, 01:18 PM

Hi Rudolf,

I have owned Inspirations, an Evolution and currently have the Meg.

It is by far the better CCR.

Build quality is awesome, only the counterlung T-pieces are injection moulded, everything else is machined.

It is compact, modular and solid.

The Shearwater electronics are contained in one, intuitive handset and combine with a high quality HUD.

I teach all of the above CCRs to Mixed Gas level and the Meg is my choice for my diving.

Cheers,

Dave Cooper

Two Hats
17-05-05, 08:09 AM
There is an active site called http://www.rebreatherworld.com that has an enormous forum as well as active threads regarding the Megalodon rebreather

Stuart (schford on YD) is one of the founders/admins, and as he dives a Meg the large presence on there is no surprise. I was speaking to Stuart on Friday and he raves about it. He has the full monty, Shearwater, HUD etc. and reckons it was about $10000 (can't remember if that includes training).

This is the second MEG I have seen in the flesh and they do look the nuts, with amazing build.

Rudolf Hucker
21-05-05, 08:41 PM
Thanks all for the help and info, i am now booked on the course(Meg) and much looking forward the the experience.

R

Ivon
21-05-05, 08:53 PM
Just out of interest what sort of price do they work out at for the the unit and first stage of training?

Rudolf Hucker
21-05-05, 09:14 PM
The cost of training is 800.00 This does not include Scrubber fills, boat fees, or gas. You have to spend a min of 16 hours of underwater time on the course and there is a writen exam. The unit without first stages, cylinders, backplate and harness but with the optional ADV and Tiger clamps is about 4600. This does not include shipping or duty. You have to add $2000 if you want the Shearwater electronics. There are pros and cons to these. Hope this helps.

R

Ivon
21-05-05, 09:19 PM
Thanks i am weighing up the pros and cons of going ccr but it wont be for a bit yet. I looked at the price list for the Meg but i found it quite confusing. Ivon.

Janos
22-05-05, 09:14 PM
I bumped into Stuart (who runs RBworld) today at Wraysbury. He has a Meg and he told me it cost around $10k. He's a friendly bloke who posts on here as sch. Why not drop him a PM?

Janos

Decodiver
26-05-05, 05:23 PM
Thanks i am weighing up the pros and cons of going ccr but it wont be for a bit yet. I looked at the price list for the Meg but i found it quite confusing. Ivon.

Ivon,

PM me with any questions and I will help out.

I am a Meg Instructor at Air and Mixed Gas level and UK based.

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.