View Full Version : Halcyon Eclipse

stephensoncj
13-06-12, 09:32 AM
I have a eclipse wing which I connect to Euro cylindars for the height - noticed a lot of fraying along the seams at the bottom. Is this common? how do you sort it before I need a new wing. Quote anoyed with this as these are supposed to be the rolls-royce in wings.... :frown:

Remember years ago I had a similiar issue around the dump connection on a dive rite wing which was replaced FOC - much to my suprise :D - does anybody know if I could sort one out with Halcyon?

RichW
13-06-12, 09:34 AM
Why don't you contact the dealer that sold it to you?

Rich

jackdiver
13-06-12, 09:45 AM
I have an eclipse which is also fraying quite badly. Not sure how old it though. At least four years.

Black witch or aquasure fixes most things...

braun
13-06-12, 11:30 AM
I have an Eclipse and no problems at all.

tootricky
13-06-12, 12:03 PM
I had some fraying with my Explorer and Eclipse (though not in the area you mention). Sent them to Silent Planet in Castletown who replace both outer shells free of charge under Halcyon warranty.

Thanks,
Nic

graham_hk
13-06-12, 01:18 PM
There is a known fault with a batch of material from a few years ago. If you are the original owner and bought from an authorised dealer (need to show your receipt) any Halcyon dealer (globally) should be able to help you - either directly or putting you in touch with distributor or manufacturer depending on your location. Feel free to PM me if you want some assistance (I run Halcyon distribution for SE and greater China)

Graham

stephensoncj
13-06-12, 02:55 PM
(need to show your receipt)

now theres the nub of the problem - who keeps these things?

jackdiver
13-06-12, 02:58 PM
I don't have mine... I'm not even sure who I brought it from.

rcr diver
13-06-12, 04:57 PM
Have had one for 7-8 years and it frays also. I just run a lighter around the fraying and it is a good as new...no problems yet. I guess I might need a new one some day......

tootricky
15-06-12, 12:04 PM
There is a known fault with a batch of material from a few years ago. If you are the original owner and bought from an authorised dealer (need to show your receipt) any Halcyon dealer (globally) should be able to help you - either directly or putting you in touch with distributor or manufacturer depending on your location. Feel free to PM me if you want some assistance (I run Halcyon distribution for SE and greater China)

Graham
I was not the original owner nor, surprisingly, did I have receipts. Silent Planet evaluated my wings and replaced both outer shells FoC. Possibly not the same issue however.

Thanks,
Nic