YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

You Sometimes Wonder Where This Shit Will End.......??

3K views 31 replies 19 participants last post by  Pierre Farrugia 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Imported post

This guy/girl deserves thorough condemnation from the rest of the dive community and I for one would NEVER buddy up someone with this sort of mentality. I do hope Ammers realises that although some (most?) of us have had the odd bull & cow with her NONE of us would wish her any harm. Whoever this person is should be banned from all Web forums.
Matt

#3 ·
Imported post

I saw it earlier this morning when I was looking for something else.  I've spoken to, mailed and texted Ammers on quite a few occasions, and found her to be nothing but pleasant and charming.  This sort of stuff should be nipped in the bud from the start - beginning with a complete life ban from the forum and as many others as possible, which is what I hope our moderators would do on here with such sick behaviour.  Dive on Anne-Marie.  You've probably more brains in your pinkie than they have in their entire body.  Be safe on the yellow box.

#5 ·
Imported post

I see that the same sh*te is continuing on Ukdivers dotty forum, although I note all (the?) poster(s) are anonymous.  How brave and noble.

To be fair "Decoderek" *could* just have picked this up on ukdivers and posted in sincerity....but the likelihood of that has to be small.

#6 ·
Imported post

On the CDG website a post was placed asking for details of an accident at Linley,it turned out that this was the incident described above.The CDG board have then looked at Dnet and are treating it the same way as YD.One of the board members says he spoke to Ammers last night however and she was OK.That'sthe main thing for now.I've mailed Ammers to confirm she's OK and when I can confirm I'll post.Regards,Hobby.

#7 ·
Imported post

The post has been removed before I could have a swatch. But I think I can guess the general tone.

I'm getting p*ss sick of all this sh*te.

People annoy me - some people really annoy me - but I never wish anyone a misfortune that could happen to me or one of my friends on any given Sunday.

The general crap on handbagnet - and that includes some of the "good guys" have made me stop posting.

#12 ·
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Gavin Yates on 12:12 pm on Dec. 5, 2002
What you doing later?
<span =''>Probably sorting Emma's motorbike... still! Also, this is the last weekend we are both off work until Chrimbo so shopping in Glasgie here we come....

Next week. Weds poss?

(Edited by Driftwood at 1:44 pm on Dec. 5, 2002)

#16 ·
Imported post

I know I'm supposed to be dead, but I've just resurrected myself to let you all know it's a bit colder in #### than I expected, in fact it just feels like being in England. I've been bombarded by calls and emails and too busy to look at exactly what's been said but they seem to have exaggerated my death somewhat.

:santa:

Seasons Greetings to all YD'ers

#18 ·
Imported post

Hi guys

I've just come home from work and read this thread, someone mentioned that it started on UKDivers, well as a moderator for that site I've just been there to remove it but there's nothing there.. Now PeterT (UKDivers admin) might have already removed it but I would of expected a PM from him if he had, are you sure that this particular nasty existed on http://www.ukdivers.com/ ??

Thanks for any info, I'll contact Peter and see if we can't track down this d*ckheads I.P. (yeah I know it's only any good if it's static but worth a try)

regards
Dave.

#19 ·
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Ammers on 2:40 pm on Dec. 5, 2002
:santa:

Seasons Greetings to all YD'ers
<span =''>
And to you Anne Marie - remember, there's two kinds of people on this planet - there's us and there's wankers!

#21 ·
Imported post

*tut*

I don't know.. Absolutely nothing happens to Ammers, but her death gets reported web-wide. I write off my car in a 60mph car crash, and don't get so much as a footnote.

There's no balance in the world.

And not enough aspirin either...

#23 ·
Imported post

Hi Ammers!
Glad to see you're well and hope things are ok!!
I took the opportunity to say what I feel on UKDivers web site - not that it will make any difference to the individual(s) involved.

http://www.ukdiving.co.uk/ukdiving/inland/wales/dorothea1.htm

Stay safe
Hope to see you soon at one of the dive sites
Cheers
John

(Edited by John Holmes at 12:22 am on Dec. 6, 2002)

#25 ·
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Dave Williamson on 8:46 pm on Dec. 5, 2002
Dom the things you'll do to get some attention.....

Seriously though mate, glad you survived ok, what happened??
<span =''>

Actually, it was so I could get a few days off to do Xmas shopping ;)

Got run off the road by some bastard going the other way who was trying to overtake. I had the choice of a head-on collision or going off the road.

Two broken fenceposts and a tree later, the entire left side of my car is a crumpled mess, I'm at 45 degrees to the horizontal, and I walk away with nothing worse than a couple of cuts on my ear.

Somebody up there likes me, but obviously his affection didn't extend to my car

Quite a problem it caused them at hospital - they've never had to try and close a cut INSIDE someone's ear before
Eventually they decided to glue it and hope for the best. Should be able to get back in the water next week.

Assuming I can afford to, since my insurance was 3rd party and the bastard who caused the whole thing decided not to bother with stopping.

Life... don't talk to me about life

#26 ·
Imported post

Sorry to hear about that Dom, any chance you could put an ad in the local paper as the guy being overtaken might have jotted down the number or maybe even gone to the police to report it. Fat chance of getting anything back I know, some arsehole left me with a false name/address that nobody could trace. Just remember its only metal/money you're still alive, glib I know but what else can we say.
Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.