View Full Version : My first rant.

Freeflow
08-01-06, 05:26 PM
Those who know me are well aware of my ranting and whinging about just about everything [although I prefer to call it a strongly expressed point of view].

So, I was thinking what I could rant about for my first one here. Taxes? No. Religeon? Probably safer not to.

Then my blood pressure started to rise. Today's rant is stopping the evolution of the human species.

Not by eugenics, cloning, theraputic whatever or trying to stamp out anyone who is not perfect, but HELPING STUPID PEOPLE TO LIVE AND REPRODUCE.

No, I don't want a 'under 100 IQ, here's a bullet or sterilisation' law, but why do we make the world safer for idiots?

Prime example: The PSAI textbook for trimix diving has a bit about helium not supporting life. In the US, because so many [probably 2] people have asphixiated themselves while trying to sound like Mickey Mouse using helium, the stuff in balloons now has O2 added so it can support life. WHAT? If some redneck wants to breathe in lungfulls of the stuff, let them. It will [1] ensure that the world is one moron less, and [2] be a warning to other planks.

Bill Hicks used to have a routine about people who thought they could fly after taking drugs. "If you think you can fly, take off from the ground. When was the last time you saw a bird taking a lift to the top floor?".

If the world was a little more dangerous and we were less worried about making it so safe we all live to be 150 and live empty lives we would soon evolve not to be so damned stupid. The brain is a waste of cellular matter in some people.

Along with the stupid gene, we could wipe out the ambulance chasing lawyers. "My little Johnny climbed onto the roof of a building and fell off, I want to sue someone". Little johnny was up there BECAUSE HE CLIMBED UP THERE, not because the owner of the building somehow magically teleported him there. Take responsibility for your own actions and grow up.

And if you want to be really cheered up, remember that half the people in the world are below average.

Rant over, blood pressure returning to normal. Check out the Darwin Awards for a giggle.

08-01-06, 05:36 PM
And if you want to be really cheered up, remember that half the people in the world are below average.
I think it was Dan Quayle who thought that everyone should have an above average salary...

D.D.J
08-01-06, 05:37 PM
lol

if we're having a rant...i recieved a car parking fin of 80. The thing is i'd have been annoyed whatever the situation as i'm nearly 18 and that's like my whole weekends wage plus a bit more, just gone...all because i was parked behin the dive shop. Now this is the point which annoys me, as i was parked in the allocated dive shop car parking space....so has annoyed and wound me up to death. As i asn;'t in the wrong and i wasn't illegally parked....still wound up from it now, but heck it's happened so i'm just going to have to get over it and grunt under my breath.

08-01-06, 05:52 PM
I totaly agree.

There are to many stupid people in the world, not your "oops, that was silly" stupid, the proper "stuck my hand in the lions cage to pet it" stupid. These people should not be protected by making life difficult for everyone else, if they are that dumb we are better off without them. For the sake of argument, let's say people with "special needs" have someone to look out for them! It's the "Wyne and Wyenetas" we're out to get rid of. :angry:

James

Lou
08-01-06, 05:57 PM
lol

if we're having a rant...i recieved a car parking fin of 80. The thing is i'd have been annoyed whatever the situation as i'm nearly 18 and that's like my whole weekends wage plus a bit more, just gone...all because i was parked behin the dive shop. Now this is the point which annoys me, as i was parked in the allocated dive shop car parking space....so has annoyed and wound me up to death. As i asn;'t in the wrong and i wasn't illegally parked....still wound up from it now, but heck it's happened so i'm just going to have to get over it and grunt under my breath.

If you weren't illegally parked, you aren't going to pay, are you? Just chill, laugh and then write them a snippy letter complaining and informing them why you won't be paying.

08-01-06, 05:59 PM
lol

If you think the parking wardens have got it wrong, say so. 80 is a lot of money. I know they sometimes put fines up if you take more that 7? days to pay, but don't let them bully you. If you were in an allocated space, what was the fine for?

Adrian

Jim Shaw
08-01-06, 06:29 PM
If you think the parking wardens have got it wrong, say so. 80 is a lot of money. I know they sometimes put fines up if you take more that 7? days to pay, but don't let them bully you. If you were in an allocated space, what was the fine for?

Adrian
wot he said, and also I'd get a letter from the dive shop owner saying that this is not an illegal space, maybe a photo would help too, as has been said before, don't let them bully you.

The Doctor
08-01-06, 06:38 PM
Drivind down the m4 today by swindon and theres a speeding van parked on top off a bridge over the motorway f##king goverment.:thumbsdow

Paul Sharman
08-01-06, 09:29 PM
Those who know me are well aware of my ranting and whinging about just about everything [although I prefer to call it a strongly expressed point of view].............

So.

Cant think what you mean :) :p :D

honest ;)

Chriz
08-01-06, 09:37 PM
Seeing as everyone else is having a go:
I'm off to [email protected]#ing Bali for 2 weeks [email protected]~kin diving tomorrow,& I can't find my Fu#@ing hat thats been everywhere with me!!

Chris/z
:D

Paul Sharman
08-01-06, 09:44 PM
I'm off to [email protected]#ing Bali for 2 weeks [email protected]~kin diving tomorrow,& I can't find my Fu#@ing hat thats been everywhere with me!!

Chris/z

F%$k the HAT :D

not not jealous in the slightest:p

Cheers,
Paul.

Jim Shaw
08-01-06, 09:51 PM
I can't find my Fu#@ing hat thats been everywhere with me!!
Chris/z
Bouyant babe's probably nicked it for her irrational collection :)

triplefin
08-01-06, 10:01 PM
Chris/z

God how awful....... I feel really sorry for you..............not!:D

triplefin
08-01-06, 10:04 PM
lol

No reason why you should pay if you were in an allocated space!
Go an do a bit of ranting and raving. Sad to say that it tends to work better than reasoned argument these days...particularly on the phone.

Freeflow
09-01-06, 03:37 PM
Cant think what you mean :) :p :D

honest ;)

Hi Paul, can you remind me if I'm the kettle or the pot :p

Might see you Sat after all, if I bunk off work, if you are going let me know.

turbanator
09-01-06, 03:46 PM
lol

If you're 100% sure that you were legally parked and can prove it, don't do anything.
Ignore their offered to let you pay 2/3 or whatever if you pay within 14 days.
Let it go on as long as you want, then prove it to them, cost them some money, hit them where it hurts, then they might be a bit more carefull when issuing tickets.