YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

complete Mouthpiece wanted

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  zepp 
#1 ·
Hi all I'm looking for a Mouthpiece to use on a AKA 60 Re-breather, If any body can help I'm desperate to dive it

#2 ·
underwaterparadise said:
Hi all I'm looking for a Mouthpiece to use on a AKA 60 Re-breather, If any body can help I'm desperate to dive it
Would one from an IDA 71 do the job, I have that and the hoses. I have just got hold of a DSV and hoses from a Draeger, so the other is now 'spare'. The IDA one is a wonderful piece of engineering, using mica discs against s/s springs for valves, the body is brass. (see my gallery)

#4 ·
underwaterparadise said:
I've been looking at you home builds and they look great and have been giving me ideas.
If you want any more info then PM me.
I gave my KISS a try in the pool the other night and to be honest I think I prefer my homebuild!!!
I have modified the DSV as it was originally meant for a full face, but I am sure it can be inproved further as I only intended using it temparary. I have a load of spare mica disk also.
I am not sure how much it is worth, make me an offer via PM.
Here are a couple of pics....

#6 ·
I cant believe it!!!
I have actually sold some kit, Ok, it's a small bit, but a start. It broke my heart letting it go, but I know it will go to a good home and allow another metal Jerry Can, Russian rebreather to be dived...:teeth:
So in the next few weeks you see a green and a black metal box on divers backs probably at Stoney, that'll be us!:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.