View Full Version : DUX wings

diablo
20-09-06, 04:19 PM
Hi does anyone have any experience of DUX wings and dir-shop.net?
DUX's Everes wing looks like a copy of the Evolve. It's circular in design is made of 1840 denier nylon with a welded Cordura inner and a RiRi zip. It has 23 litres of bouancy. dir-shop.net are selling it for 274.74 euros which works out at 184.62. However they are also selling the Evolve for 320.2 euros which works out at 215.17.
Is the DUX wing ok? Should I just buy the Evolve? Is dir-shop.net ok, i.e. trust worthy?

Cheers Dave

KeyLimePie
20-09-06, 05:34 PM
Hi Dave,

I cannot remember what type of wing you were diving at the weekend, but one thing to think about is that whilst the evolve is easy to dump from, when fitted to fabers it may be more tricky to trim out than an explorer that doesn't extend beyond the bottom of the tanks. If you want you can try mine at some stage to see how you get on with it before deciding on a purchase.

Dave

Moz
20-09-06, 06:28 PM
Nothing wrong with an Explorer 40 wing, just different.

They all cost 200 anyway:wink:

diablo
21-09-06, 05:33 AM
I'll be diving the Explorer some more on Friday on the Abyss or weather pending in Elerton, so I should get some more practice. There's nothing wrong with the Explorer, in fact I love it. I've now plaited the 'thread' on the dump valve, so that should help. I just thought that an Evolve type wing might make my life a bit easier (not a very DIR attitude).

Cheers Dave

Tricky
21-09-06, 08:19 AM
when fitted to fabers it may be more tricky to trim out than an explorer that doesn't extend beyond the bottom of the tanks.I had no problems trimming out with an Evolve and Fabers. In fact, I think I found it easier than an Explorer and Fabers...

HP
21-09-06, 10:08 AM
Like Tricky said - no problems here either.
Because you can get the air around the bottom of the wing, it can feel odd at first - but persevere - you'll find it useful after a while if you find you're a bit legs down

21-09-06, 10:35 AM
Like Tricky said - no problems here either.
Because you can get the air around the bottom of the wing, it can feel odd at first - but persevere - you'll find it useful after a while if you find you're a bit legs downThere's no issue using the Evolve with Fabers when you're *in* the water - it's when you get *out* of the water you have to be careful as the shorter length of the cylinders can allow the bottom of the wing to become trapped between the cylinders and whatever you're putting the set down onto. If it's a rough surface and you're not careful, it is possible to damage the wing.

BTW - I've got an Evolve 40lb on my Heisers now and it's superb! Very impressed! :)

ICEDAN
24-10-06, 07:00 PM
Hi does anyone have any experience of DUX wings and dir-shop.net?
DUX's Everes wing looks like a copy of the Evolve.
Is the DUX wing ok? Should I just buy the Evolve? Is dir-shop.net ok, i.e. trust worthy?

Im interested in this as well, it never came clear if the DUX wings are compatible.
Cheers
Addi

And
25-10-06, 11:28 AM
Hi

The Evolve wing is long enough to be on the floor when you stand your twins up, and I know of at least one person who has ripped one because of this.

The Evolve's hose routing can be a bit quirky, as you will need to run the long hose in front of the wing, otherwise it all turns into a gay mess at the light canister, and you will find that every time you jump in the water, the long hose slips out of place.

Obviously, there are none of these problems, sorry, issues, with the Explorer wing :angel:

The DUX wing is bigger than the Evolve 40, so I would expect the issues to be compounded with that wing.

I would pick up an explorer, as they are cheaper and do the job better, IMHO.

Andy