View Full Version : Agir Springs on Jet Fins

duc996bp
30-03-07, 10:56 PM
Can anyone advise me what size Agir springs (L orXL) I would need for a pair of XL Jet Fins.

I currently use the std rubber strap which is on it's longest setting and find them too tight.

I have an O3 suit with size 8 boots.

Thanks

HP
31-03-07, 10:16 AM
Large mate - they only do two sizes (L&XL) - they're brilliant - the best finstraps IMHO. Just check that the holes are drilled centrally on the shackle plates - a few were incorrectly manufactured. Niknaks do them

BSH
31-03-07, 12:21 PM
I bought the Agir ones on the recommendation of HP and they were a bit tricky to fit, by the sounds of it mine might just be like the ones Howard is talking about as I had a few problems getting the screw thought the hole on one fin, anyway after some perseverance I got there. I got mine from DIRdirect (http://www.dirdirect.com) very good service.

HP
31-03-07, 01:18 PM
The springy bit is much of a muchness on all of them - its the shackle that attaches the Agir ones that's the good bit. Put a bit of Superglue on the nuts once they're on and they'll never come off in a million years

duc996bp
01-04-07, 08:38 AM
Thanks.

Whats making me make this change is the last time I was diving I managed to get some line entangled in my Jetfin buckle.
I have delayed the purchase of springs because I was not sure of the size. I didn't want to spend 60 on a set to find out the they did not fit correctly after trying them.

What's the tension like on them? are they as stiff as the std rubber strap?

HP
01-04-07, 11:48 AM
They should just apply a bit of pressure to hold the fin in place - not much. Jetfins are such a tight foot pocket anyway

TAZA
01-04-07, 06:53 PM
Just put mine on ebay brand new size large
Halcyon Spring Heel Straps
Item number: 220098420412

Tord Mattsson
02-05-07, 07:10 PM
Hi
A bit too late maybe!!
XL fins and feet size (on dry land) 42 (8-9 in UK?) XL spring.
Smaller feets or Turtle fins= L springs
Best regards
Tord

Can anyone advise me what size Agir springs (L orXL) I would need for a pair of XL Jet Fins.

I currently use the std rubber strap which is on it's longest setting and find them too tight.

I have an O3 suit with size 8 boots.

Thanks

Tord Mattsson
02-05-07, 07:19 PM
Hello.
Sorry to read. Some thing can sometimes seem to be obvius for US.
But not for everyone else.
If any qustion how fit or adjust something please contact us.
We are more than happy to help you (or anyone else) with advice or "tricks"
how to get our gear as good as possible.

Best regards

Tord

I bought the Agir ones on the recommendation of HP and they were a bit tricky to fit, by the sounds of it mine might just be like the ones Howard is talking about as I had a few problems getting the screw thought the hole on one fin, anyway after some perseverance I got there. I got mine from DIRdirect (http://www.dirdirect.com) very good service.

BSH
03-05-07, 06:20 AM
Thanks Tord

To be honest it wasn't your straps which seemed to be the problem I had trouble getting one of the pins through the holes, I am not sure it actually went all the way through the rubber.

Your gear is as good as possble :) (Very happy Agir wing, BP and spring stap user)