YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

trollies for twinsets

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Skeletor 
#1 ·
Imported post

A lot of people use trollies to cart around their twinsets. I was wondering where the best place to get one is. Using my twinset is not a problem, neither is carrying it on my back. Sometimes its not feasible to put it on my back.

I guess I need to go to the gym a bit more!

James.

#2 ·
Imported post

James,

I bought one for under £20 a year ago from Compass24 and it has lasted well so far. I just checked them to see if still sold and it is product number 738200 @ £19.95 - so far I have no complaints and the price was right. Also it is rated to carry more than the weight of my twins + deco bottle.

I have seen a fold up trolley specifically for dive kit that holds 3 bottles but it was over £80 (I think) - maybe nearer £100.

I got the info abt my trolley from a post on YD.

I use my trolley whenever possible - why struggle with heavy kit when there is no need - esp after the dive.

#11 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mary @ Nov. 04 2003,17:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ Nov. 04 2003,14:47)]What more do you want?
just personally one which also fits in the car I guess  
Jeez, do I need to explain everything? You just steal a B+Q lorry while you're at it. Wimmen, I don't know.

Peter

#12 ·
Imported post

I got mine for around thirty quid from b&q. You can use it upright on two wheels, or as a flatbed on four wheels.

It is the best bit of kit I have ever bought...

Laters,
  Janos

#13 ·
Imported post

I got mine from Aldi - folds flat cost 15 quid, saves me giving myself a hernia lugging the twins about.  Word of warning though, our shed where we keep our gear was broken into and a guys trolley was used to pinch a shitload of gear (twin 12's, wing, 2x poseidon regs/octos oh yeah, and about £1000 worth of tools - if they turn up the guy had better be quick on his feet cos he will get a ringing sore head!), so keep it away from your stuff if where you keep it is not completley secure.

#15 ·
Imported post

my mate paul green, bought a cheap fold up one and it worked for 3 days and then it collapsed, with a wheel falling off either side of the pontoon into the river Arun, near ivans boat, Michelle Mary,  in littlehampton.As the trolley collapsed the twin set nearly followed it, so paul has comissioned a stainless steel one baised on Golfing trolley wheels, if anybody has Autocad 2000, i could email you the plans and you could get one made, weve designed it to be tough, and yet splits into two pieces for stowage in boot.

#16 ·
Imported post

Argos sell a folding trolley for around 20 quid, You can find it in the fishing tackle section.  The advantage of this trolley is that it has relatively broad wheels for the price so is reasonable over bumpy ground.  Staying on the fishing tackle theme, you can also get some heavy duty trolleys from most tackle shops with pneumatic tyres and loads of lift capacity.

Looks like my secret passtime has finally come out of the closet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.