YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Suunto Vyper interface?

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  daz 
#1 ·
Imported post

Just got hold of a Suunto Vyper interface second hand. It doesnt work so when I took it to bits found a couple of wires had come away from the board. The pic below illustrates.

Question is, which wire goes to the left hole of the top 2 - yellow or green.

Any help would be appreciated from the techies out there

#4 ·
Imported post

Opened up my interface and the cable is a different colour code to yours.

Top two pins are black and yellow, with yellow going to the pin on the RHS when viewing from the component side.

Problem is my multimeter is knacked at the moment, so i can't buzz out the cable.

Don't know if it helps but it looks like top right is a ground pin, in which case I would expect it to go to pin 1 on the 9 way d-sub.

Paul

#5 ·
Imported post

Sorted it - by holding the wires to each connection it seems the green goes to the left and the yellow to the right.

Thanks for the help anyway. As usual, my impatience to resolve forced me down the old fashioned trial and error route.

Now to find someone that can solder........................

#6 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (kirky @ Dec. 30 2003,18:01)]Sorted it - by holding the wires to each connection it seems the green goes to the left and the yellow to the right.

Thanks for the help anyway. As usual, my impatience to resolve forced me down the old fashioned trial and error route.

Well if you are really stuck to find someone locally,

I'll do it if you sort out postage both ways (I won't even charge for the solder or electricity for my iron  
)

Daz

#9 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (kirky @ Dec. 30 2003,18:01)]Sorted it - by holding the wires to each connection it seems the green goes to the left and the yellow to the right.

No worries,  I am sure you could find someone local who is handy with a soldering iron.

Give me a shout if all else fails.

Daz

P.S  With that technique,  don't consider a career in bomb disposal.  

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.