View Full Version : Which manifold

Mr.Dave
22-07-07, 09:37 AM
I am not sure which manufacturers make 'barrel style (o-ring)' manifolds?

Anyone help or recommend a type that are DIR approved :teeth: ?

Cheers,

Dave.

RichW
22-07-07, 11:54 AM
I like the Halcyon ones, but Agir and Scubapro are also fine.

In my experience, the Scubapro seems to need to be cleaned and lubricated more often than the Agir and Halcyon ones, as the valves get harder to operate at high fill pressures.

Rich

Mr.Dave
22-07-07, 04:02 PM
I like the Halcyon ones, but Agir and Scubapro are also fine.

In my experience, the Scubapro seems to need to be cleaned and lubricated more often than the Agir and Halcyon ones, as the valves get harder to operate at high fill pressures.

Rich

I used to own a scubapro manifold a few years ago & I had similar problems. I like the look of the other two but I'm not sure if the valves are balanced or not?

Cheers,

Dave

Mr.Dave
24-07-07, 02:48 PM
Anyone got any thoughts on the Diverite manifolds??

Woz
24-07-07, 02:52 PM
Agir = Diverite = Halcyon = Scubatec

All made in the same factory in Italy. ..:: Scubatec ::.. Attrezzatura Subacquea Professionale (http://www.scubatec.it)

Mr.Dave
24-07-07, 09:08 PM

All made in the same factory in Italy. ..:: Scubatec ::.. Attrezzatura Subacquea Professionale (http://www.scubatec.it)

Very interesting....

Cheers :)

Mr.Dave
25-07-07, 06:43 AM

So would I be right in guessing they are all exactly the same just a different logo stamped on them & do they all have balanced valves?

Tricky
25-07-07, 07:37 AM
So would I be right in guessing they are all exactly the same just a different logo stamped on themPretty much. As I understand it, the manufacturing tolerances may be different for the different target brands, e.g. something that Scubapro would reject might be accepted by Beaver. That doesn't mean that the Beaver version should be avoided though - it's one of the best pieces of kit in their catalogue.

Woz
25-07-07, 09:07 AM
So would I be right in guessing they are all exactly the same just a different logo stamped on them & do they all have balanced valves?
You would be hard pushed to buy an unbalanced valve these days. The unbalanced ones were in-line and had a really small T shaped handle on them that you could get an A clamp over. Pretty much all valves these days are balanced even if they don't have a slot cut up the side of the seal slug.

Mr.Dave
26-07-07, 12:09 PM

Throwing the cat amongst the pigeons....
Just been told by UE that this is no longer the case??

Woz
26-07-07, 12:14 PM
Throwing the cat amongst the pigeons....
Just been told by UE that this is no longer the case??
Oooo well. Hmmm. Agir confirmed they are Scubatec valves when I bought a set. Dive-rite and H look identical to them. However they may have moved production out to China like everything else.

weazelz
26-07-07, 01:17 PM
does scubatec = scubapro ?

03-08-07, 12:57 AM
does scubatec = scubapro ?Nope - definately not although, like the Scubatec valves, they are made in Italy but to their own design...

ardhill
03-08-07, 06:21 AM
What about the ones Phill nackers does, they are different aren't they?

And as far as I can recall, the new ones are easy to turn as well???

But don't ask me, I use Agir.

RichW
03-08-07, 09:41 AM
The new Halcyon manifolds are from the Scubatech factory. However, the finish is considerably better than usual (which is not that bad anyway, I hasten to add).

The internals of the valves are a little different as well. There are radial o-rings on the stem rather then the usual face o-rings for a start. Reduces the wear, and easier to turn too, I think.

Rich