YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Cambands

978 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Digger 
#1 ·
Imported post

Any views on preferred makers of cam-bands ? Not the most exciting of topics but I need a couple. Is it worth paying for metal buckles (or whatever their proper name is) or toughened plastic ok (I have only ever used plastic ones so I guess that answers that question........)

Thanks,

Kristen

#3 ·
Imported post

Scubapro - metal cam is brilliant, that just wont come undone, band adjustment is a pig though, not sure if you can get them as accessories which is a shame as they are very very secure. Take a big push to get them over the cam effect
and once closed difficult to open, which is how I like them to be.

AP - dont like them much, have several sets and never happy they arent going to open up, they havent but I still dont like them much.

HTH
Matt

#4 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MATTBIN @ April 15 2004,16:57)]Scubapro - metal cam is brilliant, that just wont come undone, band adjustment is a pig though, not sure if you can get them as accessories which is a shame as they are very very secure. Take a big push to get them over the cam effect
and once closed difficult to open, which is how I like them to be.

AP - dont like them much, have several sets and never happy they arent going to open up, they havent but I still dont like them much.

HTH
Matt
Sounds like the diverite cam bands,  Admittedly they are a bugger if you are switching between different size cylinders but they really are a peach to use and very secure.

Daz

#6 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>ANother vote for AP valves. Available dirt cheap, in almost any size, instantly adjustable, and do the job. If done up correctly should not come undone ever really. I've never had one go on me, but had to put many a numpties tank back on their back!

The scubapro ones are fine if you're always diving the same cylinder(s) but they are an animal to adjust properly to varying tank sizes. I've replaced them for buddy cambands before because I was changing tanks so often.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.