YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Help! Buddies needed.

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  JohnK 
#1 ·
Imported post

Hello, i am a novice diver just finished my PADI Open Water and i am looking for patient buddies to team up at Stoney or Capenwray any weekend so i can get some diving experience in.  Looking to get as many dives in as poss before i go on holiday in May.  Any help will be appreciated.  

See less See more
#2 ·
Imported post

Hello Balders.

Where you from then?  Trouble is weekends at Stoney and Crappers are worth avoiding if at all possible!  If you can do midweek then i get away most weeks at the moment.

andy

#5 ·
Imported post

Weekends can be a bit busy at Stoney as I'm sure you have already gathered, however I suppose thats when most of us arent at work so catch 22 really. Its a bit chilly there at the moment 3.5 - 5 c I am told. Dry suit and winter regs being obvious. You may have a problem renting a dry suit unless you hold a badge or are doing a course. Unless you have your own. I think there;s one for sale on the equip page at a nice price. No its not mine.
I'd be happy to pootle round on a Sunday with you and we can get lost together if you can give me a couple of weeks notice.
Matt

#6 ·
Imported post

balders i'm near you in dewsbury. give us a shout soon on 07779 834829.

#7 ·
Imported post

Hi Balders,
I was at stoney on friday and the temp was 3.5deg so I would definitely use a drysuit I can manage midweek so mail me when you fancy a dip.

Safe diving,
Steve.

#13 ·
Imported post

Ben, are you thinking of crashing at my place for the stoney gig? If so let us know...I could do with a dip in the cove...maybe get the miisus and the kids over for lunch?
ring us tonight...i know yer tried last night but it was yer sisters burfday
cheers Nige

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.