YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Administrator, Jay - help !!!!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Finless 
#1 · (Edited)
When I try to Cut and Paste from MS Outlook 2000 emails I now lose all but the opening paragraph and always get the HTML(?) bits preceeding the text.

Any ideas how to stop this? I am assuming that some setting on my PC has been changed BUT I have no idea what!

<SPAN class=EmailStyle15><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">Sat 7th Aug and a 09:45 ropes off/10:15 lock for a dive on the Caleb Sprague. Diving off Inspiration (8.5 mtr RHIB out of Eastbourne).

#4 ·
Jay said:
The text has embedded (hidden) HTML that is picked up by the forums. The work around I use is to copy the text and paste into Notepad, save it then re-open it. Now copy and paste into YD and should be ok.
In my experience you don't even need to save it in Notepad - just copy and paste into Notepad, then in Notepad select the text you've just pasted and copy it, then paste it into the forum. You can then close Notepad without having saved a junk file that you then need to delete on your PC. It's converted to plain text format as soon as you paste into Notepad.

An alternative would be to set your email programme to display as plain text rather than HTML - might be why it works for Adrian?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.