YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Packing the JJ-CCR for Scapa Flow

6K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Bottle Maker 
#1 ·
OK, here is my unit as a collection of bits, Housing, Head, Cannister and Regs. The foot I have is the 'English Channel' foot, built for stability, so that isn't going in the bag, Jan also makes a travel foot, which is the same size as the Housing only.

Here are the regs and all the hoses, including the manifold, pcked into the scrubber cannister. This works with MiFlex hoses, I'm not sure about others.

Here is everything packed into my standard carry on bag, that is Housing, Cannnister, Regs and Hoses, Head and controllers/displays, Loop and BOV, and OTS couterlungs.

Here is the bag packed and ready to go, complete with Air Moldova baggage tag...
Total weight is 17.5kg.

That just leave the Wing, Backplate and Harness to go, (along with 2 x DSMB and Reel, Dry Suit, Hood, Gloves and Knife, 20Kg of Sofnolime, 2 x 7l Side Slungs, 2 x 5l dil and O2 bottles, Mask and Fins...
) (Oh and one pair of boxer shorts and a T shirt)...

See less See more
#7 ·
I've been reading with interest the posts on the JJ CCR, are you going to use both sets of lungs (at different times!!) or stick with the regular ones?

Looks great bit of kit
I will use both, as you say at different times. I will probably use the BMCL's shallow until I get used to them and the OTS for more challenging dives as I am already very comfortable with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.