YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

diverite classic wing

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  380 
#1 ·
I have taken on board all your advice re wings etc and i am still struggling to make the decision what to but, i have been told that the diverite classic wing is a good peice of kit but it states it should only be used for twin setup however i have also been told that i can buy a backplate that can be used with this wing making it available for single cyclinder setup. Now if this is the case i am looking at getting this but just abit concerned that in one hand it states "only for twin sets " and on the other i am told that with the correct back plate its okay. Should i be concerned or not?

#2 ·
diving_moose said:
I have taken on board all your advice re wings etc and i am still struggling to make the decision what to but, i have been told that the diverite classic wing is a good peice of kit but it states it should only be used for twin setup however i have also been told that i can buy a backplate that can be used with this wing making it available for single cyclinder setup. Now if this is the case i am looking at getting this but just abit concerned that in one hand it states "only for twin sets " and on the other i am told that with the correct back plate its okay. Should i be concerned or not?
The problem with using this wing with singles is it's too wide and will 'taco' around the cylinder when inflated. I don't see how a different backplate would solve this. Best bet is to buy two air cells - one for twins, one for singles. Cheapest bet is to buy an air cell that is suitable for twins or single (the Rec wing I think?) but you still may need to buy an STA for your backplate.

#3 ·
TX101 said:
The problem with using this wing with singles is it's too wide and will 'taco' around the cylinder when inflated. I don't see how a different backplate would solve this. Best bet is to buy two air cells - one for twins, one for singles. Cheapest bet is to buy an air cell that is suitable for twins or single (the Rec wing I think?) but you still may need to buy an STA for your backplate.
YEP REC WING is the one you need for singles and twins it will take upto twin 15L
BUT TWIN 12L 300 BAR NEEDS MORE LIFT ALSO LARGE TWINS AND STAGES WHOULD NEED MORE LIFT
Wack

#4 ·
diving_moose said:
DM,

this may well help you.. http://www.diverite.com/products/bcd/cells.htm

#5 ·
Wacker said:
YEP REC WING is the one you need for singles and twins it will take upto twin 15L
BUT TWIN 12L 300 BAR NEEDS MORE LIFT ALSO LARGE TWINS AND STAGES WHOULD NEED MORE LIFT
Wack
Agree with the big man, Diverite recwing, works well with twins and also works fine with singles (You can either leave the bungees on OR tie it down to the backplate to stop tank wrap with singles).

Tried and tested with singles and twins.

Incidently I also have a Diverite trekwing which I use for holidays and it is sold specifically for singles and small twins. It is exactly the same width as the recwing but is a slightly shorter wing.

The recwing will work with both setups if you can't afford two wings.

HTH
Daz

#6 ·
I have just ordered the RecWing as I too was concerned about not being able to use a Classic with a singe. When it came down to it, I asked myself "what was the advantage TO ME with a classic"? I had no real answer but could see the advantage of the dule purpose RecWing.

James

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.