Yorkshire Divers - Fuel Spillage in the Solomon Islands
  • Sponsors

• Fuel Spillage in the Solomon Islands

On February 4th 2019, the vessel “Solomon Trader” from Hong Kong ran aground in Rennell Province in the Solomon Islands during Cyclone Oma. The ship was carrying 800 tonnes of fuel, and it is feared that up to 100 tonnes has spilled into the sea and onto the surrounding reef. Given the potential for escalating damage, the Solomon Islands Government has requested assistance from Australia; teams of equipment, vessels and experts have now been sent.
    Rennell Island is 250km south of Honiara, Guadalcanal. The proximity of the incident from our liveaboard operations therefore means that we do not anticipate any immediate impact on upcoming departures. However, the potential implications on both the marine environment and the indigenous people is significant. The eastern half of Rennell Island is on the world heritage list and is home to 1,200 Solomon Islanders who live by subsistence farming, hunting and fishing.
    We will be monitoring the situation closely, and will offer any assistance that we can. Further updates will follow as we receive them.

For more information, please contact [email protected] or contact our travel team on 01752 480808
  • Sponsors

• Recent Posts

Dorocam

Nintendo Wii Rugby

There are a lot of cool games on Wii that looks more like their sports than rugby.

Dorocam Yesterday, 04:28 PM Go to last post
    FTurner90

Nintendo Wii Rugby

I didn't knew that I can play it online.

FTurner90 Yesterday, 04:19 PM Go to last post
    Rick_P

Online payment gateways

Okay, it is your right to use what you want but when it comes to me, I usually use ZeroOne automation software and it perfectly suits my business. This

Rick_P Yesterday, 02:49 PM Go to last post
    BalanceBlind

Dental problems?

I am sure that you should visit your dentist instead of asking us here because it can be a serious problem and it should be solved. Personally, I accidently

BalanceBlind Yesterday, 11:08 AM Go to last post
    accordsupplies

The dangers of social media

There are lots of disadvantages of Social Media

1. Addiction
    2. Mental Illness
    3. Frauds & Scams
    4. Misleading Information

accordsupplies Yesterday, 10:43 AM Go to last post
    sentinelautocare

The dangers of social media

Here i am describing lots of disadvantages of Social Media