Diving with diabetes - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Diving with diabetes

Should Be Working... rickgillyon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scubabob View Post
    I am surprised that this thread didn't attract more attention. I am type 2 not type 1 but this has raised issues in Egypt. I have never gone hypo, my control is perfect, (metformin not insulin), yet Dr Adel advised me that diving in Egypt is prohibited for all diabetics. And this is regardless of what PADI or any other agency requirements are.
    I'm surprised to hear that. I'm also Type2, Metformin, good control no hypos. Not really something I tend to bring up with buddies normally as it has no impact on my diving. If that's the situation in Egypt really, I'd have to reconsider any visit. If I had the money to make the trip... :/

By the way, I find that I need less medication for control when I am diving. Anyone else?
    Just because of the exercise, you think? I can't say I notice any difference.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Yorkshire-Divers.com
    Advertisements

Banned
    Thanks
    I think you are probably right about the exercise, but it may be the way that water (albeit 24 deg C ) removes heat, energy, from your body. And also I drink much more water when I'm diving. As for it being an issue, it could be but in practice it is not. After telling me it was prohibited, Dr Adel then wished me well for the rest of my diving in the Red Sea. None of the centres that I have dived with there have said no because I was diabetic, and I have never hidden it, so I wonder what the legal position would be should it become an issue in case of an incident.

Banned
    Thanks
    Oh, by the way, if you do your financial calculations based on a cost per dive, a Red Sea liveaboard, or somewhere like Marsa Shagra (unlimited diving) , they come out pretty competitive.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Yorkshire-Divers.com
    Advertisements

Should Be Working... rickgillyon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Oh, by the way, if you do your financial calculations based on a cost per dive, a Red Sea liveaboard, or somewhere like Marsa Shagra (unlimited diving) , they come out pretty competitive.
    It's paying for the wife and kids to go too that's expensive...

Banned
    Thanks
    There's an easy answer to that, but you probably wouldn't stay married very long. Have you tried the DHSS, you know, see if they would look after them for a while, I mean you have paid the taxes. Pretend that you're an illegal immigrant or something.

Thanks
    welldone buddy..

Thanks

Thanks
    if he enjoy snorkelling, don't let him dive

Thanks
    Good day! I buy from Vibes CBD in UK for quite some time now. I am very pleased with the results! Thanks to it, my insomnia went away and I began to sleep better! My efficiency has increased! The irritability went away, I became calm. Also, the head and back stopped hurting! Although I used to suffer with this every day.
    Last edited by MarkUltra; 26-11-20 at 07:30 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123