YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Decompression Software (Linux)

4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Red Sea Shadow 
#1 ·
Guys,

just done a quick shifty on here looking for some advice on linux deco software. Didn't really turn up much tbh.

Currently have Zplan with the windows Gui (Zplanner) extension which i've been using as a guide.

As i've just blown away my Windows XP installation (gonna be 100% linux) i'd like something that'll run on Ubuntu. The guy that wrote Zplan has a product V-planner for linux but the blurb says that it's limited in Gas choice & features. I guess other options are going to be expensive.

Anybody out there using something similar?

Cheers

Nick

#5 ·
Ellie if that's true that's great news...

guess i just read it wrong. Any comparisons against the old Z Plan?

Cheers Guys for the links

#9 ·
I had V-planner on my sabayon install but it took a bit of fannying around to get it installed, and i can't remember how i did it which is why now I've got ubuntu i don't have v-planner installed any more.

Saying that though, I'm fairly new to linux so if you're a bit more fluent than me you'll probably manage it.... and if you do PM me and tell me how! :)

#12 ·
I have V-Planner running on Ubuntu 9.10. It installed without a problem and works just fine. Had to fiddle with the licensing bit a couple of times but that was probably my fault for trying to do it by memory rather than reading the instructions!
I found the run times on it match my VRx within a minute or so on all dives I have used them on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.