Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • Don't like pets

Votes: 21 14.3%

The Great Pet Debate

7K views 79 replies 57 participants last post by  Paul Beal 
#1 ·
Just been looking on the 'Things I love Thread' and realised that there are a few pet lovers on here. Therefore....

PS I'm a definate cat person, and only rigid self control has prevented me from having twenty living with me....

#7 ·
3 goldfish at present.

In the past: cats, dog, variety of freshwater fish (tropical and native), toad, lizards (anoles), chickens, golden pheasants, goats (sort of pets), gerbils, terrapins (briefly), crayfish (incredibly briefly), semi-tame wood pigeon.

#8 ·
Sorry, forgot the tropical frehswater fish I keep.

3 x Tinfoil Barbs
2 x Clown Loach
1 x Red Boatia
1 x Pictus Catfish
1 x Brown Pleccy
1 x Striped Head-stander
1 x Eel Fish
4 x Small Catfish
3 x Silver Sharks
1 x Nocturnal Catfish

Reactions: Rob Evans
G
#12 ·
Had Border Collies all my life, can't see that changing now. I usually just take him with us if we are going to be out for a while although he has got a habit of lying across the bow tubes trying to bite the bow wave :confused:

#15 ·
Dawg

Has to be a dog. I was'nt allowed as a kid so when I stayed at my grandparents they used to find me in the basket with the dog in the morning !
I have had 3 dogs since having my own place. The current emcubent is a 3 year old epileptic chocolate Labrador named Dylan, who I took to the NDC once. He jumped in, chased the ducks and ran over a pike hiding in the shallows, he's never been back.

#16 ·
Has to be cats on account of their attitude!

Chardys story remind me of one of my own ...... I was diving at Devil Bridge, and near the end of the dive, made my way across to the shallow bank on the left hand side, I must have been about 1- 2 meters down when all of a sudden a dog jumped into the water above me, and started swimming around. Scared the life out of me, after the initial 'what the f**k was that' moment, I had to fight off urges to grabs its leg and scare it back! :D

#17 ·
AirAssisted said:
Has to be cats on account of their attitude!

Chardys story remind me of one of my own ...... I was diving at Devil Bridge, and near the end of the dive, made my way across to the shallow bank on the left hand side, I must have been about 1- 2 meters down when all of a sudden a dog jumped into the water above me, and started swimming around. Scared the life out of me, after the initial 'what the f**k was that' moment, I had to fight off urges to grabs its leg and scare it back! :D
I have been retrieved by a dog on a dive - shore dive, we were in about 1m of water and i got dragged backwards and up by my instructors dog! His Mrs and kids were on the beach killing themselves laughing.

#18 ·
Have three dogs (Kuvasz, short hair retriever and a Datchsund) and two cats. Took the three dogs for a 11km walk last Saturday, the Datchschuind who is mad with balls carried a Tennis ball for all 11km.

I had a goat once and called it Lincoln. I got it to eat the grass so I didn't have to cut it. Unfortunately he ate everything but the grass. One day he saw his reflection on the glass and charged promoptly smashing the kitchen window. Next week we ate him!

Also have tropical freshwater fish but hoping to have cold water salt tank but bleeming expensive.

G
#19 ·
Mine attacked his own reflection in a pool of water once :)
Also howled so much when I was in the water one day that he was put on a nearby island to howl until we were ready to leave....... :dog:
Certainly a better laugh than a cat and more entertainment value :)

#23 ·
My daughter

Hello,

Definitly a dog (daughter)....I love my dog so much that it is like having baby. She is so intelligent and playful :) At the end she comes to wait for me near the door when I can from work waiting to give me lots of kisses :love: :dog:

#24 · (Edited)
My cat

People who know me know I love my cat loads, I think dogs are cool but my cat think she's a dog so I get the best of both worlds, a pet to walk and play fetch, but that can take herself out when it's cold and wet or I wana go out for the day. My cat is cute and cuddly plus very good at deciding whether people are nice or not so I vote for CAT. :cat:

Actually, I have to admit it was a very close ran thing between my cat and my budgie, cuz my budgie swears at the cat and people who don't talk to him plus tells me to hurry up and get in the beep beep (his word for car) and he loves me. He is such a sweetie especially when he is tired.

#26 ·
Cats are pants pets. They bugger off at the hint of better grub and accomodation, hense the phrase "in a cats whisker". Apart from that, they persistently cause marital problems when the wife overhears her inocent husband talking to his mates about stray pussy, but does she believe they are talking about cats?? I think not.

I'll go for fish, easy to keep, no boarding for holidays, and if your nasty to them they don't remember in 5 minuits anyway.

James

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.