Plan Your Dive Trip web site launched! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Plan Your Dive Trip web site launched!

Thanks
    Try www.aquaholics.org in northern ireland

2. The Following User Says Thank You to William Ulsterman For This Useful Post:

Jay_Benson (20-08-12)

3. Remove Advertisements
    Yorkshire-Divers.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Munster dive and canoe has closed in cork.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidemount ninja Tx For This Useful Post:

Jay_Benson (20-08-12)

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Thanks
    Starting to get dive clubs onto the system - hopefully I will get all those that I have information on up onto the site over the next few days - 160 on already and just 450 to go. The aim of the listing is to allow people to see clubs in an area so that they can see if there is one for them to join - the listing includes BSAC, PADI, GUE, SAA, ScotSAC clubs - no independant clubs or clubs from Eire (other than a BSAC branch or two) as yet though I am sure there must be some out there. Details would be appreciated. If any clubs listed are defunct please let me know - there is no point them being listed if they no longer function.

If this time next week (say 25 August) your club is not there and you want it to be then drop me a line either by PM or email with the following information:

*Club name:
    Diving association affiliation:
    *County:
    Town:
    *Postcode of meeting place:
    *Meeting details: (Time, Day, Place)
    Contact person:
    *Contact email:
    Contact telephone:
    Facebook:
    Facilities:
    Restrictions to membership:

As a general rule I need to have those fields with a * beside them so that people can get in contact with the club but the more information the better.

Some clubs have declined to be included - so please contact your committee before sending me the details as I will assume that the details being sent through is agreement to be included.

If your club wants to amend or remove the listing please get in contact and I will oblige at the earliest opportunity. As with the commercial ventures there is no charge for the listing.

Thanks
    Clubs A-N in plus some others that sent in more details like facilities etc.
    Last edited by Jay_Benson; 22-08-12 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Added more clubs

Thanks
    OK, all of the clubs that I have good information for are listed on the website now (they are mostly BSAC but any agency is welcome as are independant dive clubs) - if your club is missing then please send me the details:

*Club name:
    Diving association affiliation:
    *County:
    Town:
    *Postcode of meeting place:
    *Meeting details: (Time, Day, Place)
    Contact person:
    *Contact email:
    Contact telephone:
    Facebook:
    Facilities:
    Restrictions to membership:

The numbers for the site are now as follows:

Air only 185
    Air + Nitrox 99
    Air/Nitrox/Trimix 72

Accommodation 34
    Chandlers 55
    Boat Charters 200

Coastguards 20

Dive Clubs 533

Launch + Mooring 134
    Launch only 172

Recompression chambers 29

Tourist Information 299

As always any errors / omissions please let me know - I am still short of accommodation that is diver friendly (this can include camp sites, bunkhouses, B&B, hotels etc) so please pass the details on. I have added a few in the last few days - thank you to those that supplied the information.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay_Benson For This Useful Post:

Mrs Calamity (25-08-12)

Thanks
    If there are any diving related events that are coming up the you would like to go on the front page of the Plan Your Dive Trip website please drop me a line and I will be happy to update the site.

Also if there are any clubs that need their details adding to the website or amended as their committees change just get in contact - either by PM or line and I will do the homours.

Thanks
    Following the annual review of details there have been some updates to the database - some in, some out. Some yet to be verified.

Anyway the numbers are now:

The numbers for the site are now as follows:

Air only 193
    Air + Nitrox 105
    Air/Nitrox/Trimix 76

Accommodation 41
    Chandlers 55
    Boat Charters 204

Coastguards 20

Dive Clubs 534

Launch + Mooring 136
    Launch only 173

Recompression chambers 29

Tourist Information 299

As always, if there are any errors or missing data please let me know and I will update accordingly.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay_Benson For This Useful Post:

Letz (14-02-13)

Thanks
    The annualish email to the people on the list is going out in the next week or so, so don't be surprised if you get an email if you are on the site. If there are any details the are wrong and need updating then let me know.

If your club / shop / dive boat are not on the site - www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk - then please let me know on [email protected] together with contact details and stuff (name, address, phone number, postcode, web site URL, email address, services offered etc).

One thing that I feel short of is launch points in East Anglia. If there are any not listed that should be there please let me know and if possible let me have GPS co-ordinates. The same supplies nationally really.

I don't make any money from the site and any monies raised will go to the dive club (Ashbourne Divers) I am with to help support training of younger members.

Thanks

Jay

Thanks

Thanks

Are we allowed to be included?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Benson View Post
    Ashbourne Sub Aqua Club are launching a new web site for divers to help them gather the information that they need when organising dive trips around the UK and Eire. The web site details as many of the dive charters, air stations, recompression chambers, launch and mooring points, tourist information offices etc. as we can find.

The web site is Plan Your Dive Trip

Many thanks

Jay
    Hello Jay
    YouTube channel Freshwaterdiver1 here:-

Its an easy to navigate site that should help many plan a trip.
    Wishing you all the best in this endeavour!

We've put in our details, but our work is not a business - we are former divers of 20 plus years with Freshwaterdiver1 being a water access site covering Cumbria's Lake District via detailed films for each of the sites at a Lake, Tarn, Quarry or River.

We include too much detail to describe here, both through out each film using text and voice overs, to the Description & Link Resources listed.
    Naturally, your website would work well in our Links section for local divers looking to try elsewhere!

Good luck & hope your still active!
    Last edited by freshwaterdiver; 17-08-20 at 02:31 PM. Reason: old post by Jay - had not realised date ahhh
    https://www.youtube.com/user/freshwaterdiver1
    Come and make friends in Cumbria's lakes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123