YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

South Coast Inland Site gets go-ahead

3K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  WWD 
#1 ·
After nearly two years in the planning process, I am pleased to announce that we have just been granted planning permission to construct an inland dive centre on our farm on the South Coast.

We are near Chichester in West Sussex and have been given permission to build a lagoon which will be roughly 90m x 90m and hopefully 14.5m deep at the deepest point.

The lagoon will be lined and will be silt-free, filled with spring water and will include a filtration system.

Press release goes out soon and I will try and keep this forum updated.

Regards
Richard Scales

#8 ·
Please make it deeper ......... 60 mtrs should be your minimum target.

Actually, better make it 120 mtrs (just to be on the safe side) ...... in places, not necessary all over (in case you were thinking of investing in some more spades and wheelbarrows).

Oh, please put in a refrigeration unit to keep the water temp at a maximum high of 3C all year round.

You are taking requests, aren't you?
:)

Good luck with it.

#9 ·
14.5m seems a bit shallow, but I guess that that's the depth of the hole you're planning to use, and you won't be able to make it deeper?

Since you're lining it and installing filters, I guess there's not going to be any fish or plant life?

Good luck with the venture.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.