Solar Panels Fitted
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Solar Panels Fitted

Losing the Will... Major Clanger's Avatar
    Thanks

Solar Panels Fitted

Anyone thinking of getting solar panels fitted? Give me a shout and we split £100 referral if you proceed with the company installing mine.
    Yn dod yn fuan: Y Plymiwch Fforwm Dot Com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Yorkshire-Divers.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Be aware a neighbour near me just had solar panels fitted and got a free flock of pigeon's as well. They appear to have moved in underneath and come out craping all over the place and coo'ing 24/7. The Council can't do anything about it either so consider fitting some mesh if there is a gap underneath for Pigeon's to get under and make home.
    Marc D
    " No interest in the Politics, We prefer to just go Diving !!
    Join our mailing list and come diving with us. www.croydonbsac.com

Thanks
    Maybe I could use the panels to power electric fencing or buy a .22.

Keyboard Worrier
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 644 Posts
    Whats the latest thought on panels then, thought with the removal of some of the subsidy they are now a bit less worthwhile?
    what are the payback figures now?

Driving my truck with my high-heels on...
    Thanks
    Prices have "miraculously" crashed through the floor since the cuts in subsidy ! Funny how they can cut the cost so quickly, just goes to prove how much they were making before
    Colin

I trust my rebreather completely ,
    I just don't trust the user

onwards & downwards

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to colinicky For This Useful Post:

bowe310s (14-05-12), MRKYMARK (14-05-12)

Thanks
    Have you bought them outright or are they through the rental/lease/hire scheme or whatever it is?
    I predict major problems in a few years time when people who haven't bought the panels outright come to sell their houses. The buyers mortgage company won't be happy that they have effectivly rented out their roof for 25 years.

Keyboard Worrier
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 644 Posts
    I'm interested what happens when the roof sags, or the tiles need replacing.
    I've heard that the installers idea of a survey was to poke their head into the attic and make sure there was enough support 'to last whilst we bung them on, and drive away'.

Thanks
    I don't think you can tar them all with the same brush anymore than you can call all estate agents a wanker... oh, hang on a minute.

It's interesting how much is assumed without any research

You can buy the panels and receive surplus tarif in addition to daily needs or allow the company to lease the airspace above your roof and you use the electricity generated for your daily needs while it is being produced with the company receiving a tarif from any surplus. Tarifs haven't changed for the surplus but it's not something that affects the home owner if they are not receiving them anyway.

Like many others, I have gone for the latter. The panels, fitting and maintenance are free, it's for a period of 25 years and they remove them at the end at no charge. Forecast savings are 30% per annum. The approval process, staffed by the contractor who also has the liability for any damage, includes liaison with your insurance company and mortgage provider and you have the option to make changes to your roof with them removing and replacing panels for free, such as following an extension. Far from putting people off buying a house for sale with them, it's a selling point, with all rights transfered. Should the house be rented, this also gives the property the competitive edge against similar property withouit the panels.

Anyone serious about it, please pm me and I'll send the specific links to the company I'm going with, for further information. 30% savings and fifty quid cash back from my referal is worth a thought.
    Last edited by Major Clanger; 14-05-12 at 10:44 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Clanger View Post
    I don't think you can tar them all with the same brush anymore than you can call all estate agents a wanker... oh, hang on a minute.

It's interesting how much is assumed without any research

You can buy the panels and receive surplus tarif in addition to daily needs or allow the company to lease the airspace above your roof and you use the electricity generated for your daily needs while it is being produced with the company receiving a tarif from any surplus. Tarifs haven't changed for the surplus but it's not something that affects the home owner if they are not receiving them anyway.

Like many others, I have gone for the latter. The panels, fitting and maintenance are free, it's for a period of 25 years and they remove them at the end at no charge. Forecast savings are 30% per annum. The approval process, staffed by the contractor who also has the liability for any damage, includes liaison with your insurance company and mortgage provider and you have the option to make changes to your roof with them removing and replacing panels for free, such as following an extension. Far from putting people off buying a house for sale with them, it's a selling point, with all rights transfered. Should the house be rented, this also gives the property the competitive edge against similar property withouit the panels.

Anyone serious about it, please pm me and I'll send the specific links to the company I'm going with, for further information. 30% savings and fifty quid cash back from my referal is worth a thought.
    you will find that several mortgage companies will want the Solar renter paid off before they offer a loan against the property. at this point, you are at their mercy as to what they will charge you for that, and how long they will take to do it. if you want panels, do the maths, much better to get the tariff and use it to pay off a bank loan (5years) than allow someone to take the real value of the job, the tarrif

it may be a green advantage when you sell, but really, the gains are small in electricity, and massive in tariff.

its a no brainer

(speaking as an installer and owner of several solar arrays )
    Last edited by MRKYMARK; 14-05-12 at 12:18 PM. Reason: spelling
    not just an Internet diver www.coronationwreck.co.uk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 677 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Clanger View Post
    Like many others, I have gone for the latter. The panels, fitting and maintenance are free, it's for a period of 25 years and they remove them at the end at no charge.
    Who will remove them free of charge, Help The Aged?
    The contractor who installed them will have gone the same way as all them damp proofers who were giving out 25 year guarantees back in the day.

Many people just wanted solar panels to get a return on their initial outlay via the FITS and don't care if the things never even work. Those who do have an interest in the energy production will be wondering why no one wants to come and repair them or replace the inverter for free in 5 years time.

I am given to bouts of extreme negativity. Anyone would think it was my money.....

[Sergeant Phil Esterhaus]
    Hey, let's be careful out there.
    [/Sergeant Phil Esterhaus]
    "I learned very early the difference between knowing the name of something and knowing something" - Richard P Feynman

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast