Solar Panels Fitted - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Solar Panels Fitted

Losing the Will... Major Clanger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Which mortgage companies, where's that written down?

The tarrif route is at the mercy of the government, not if they reduce it but when and not a route affordable to many people. Frankly I've got better things to do with £12k than prop someone up and be left with ongoing maintenance laibility. As an installer you're bound to have a different perspective.

Reduced electricity costs for no outlay is the no-brainer afaik (speaking as an informed customer ).
    Yn dod yn fuan: Y Plymiwch Fforwm Dot Com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Yorkshire-Divers.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulus View Post
    Who will remove them free of charge, Help The Aged?
    The contractor who installed them will have gone the same way as all them damp proofers who were giving out 25 year guarantees back in the day.

Many people just wanted solar panels to get a return on their initial outlay via the FITS and don't care if the things never even work. Those who do have an interest in the energy production will be wondering why no one wants to come and repair them or replace the inverter for free in 5 years time.

I am given to bouts of extreme negativity. Anyone would think it was my money.....

[Sergeant Phil Esterhaus]
    Hey, let's be careful out there.
    [/Sergeant Phil Esterhaus]
    Look I'm not getting in to a debate about the merits or debits of it If someone's interested and wants to go ahead, give me a shout.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulus View Post
    Who will remove them free of charge, Help The Aged?
    The contractor who installed them will have gone the same way as all them damp proofers who were giving out 25 year guarantees back in the day.

Many people just wanted solar panels to get a return on their initial outlay via the FITS and don't care if the things never even work. Those who do have an interest in the energy production will be wondering why no one wants to come and repair them or replace the inverter for free in 5 years time.

I am given to bouts of extreme negativity. Anyone would think it was my money.....

[Sergeant Phil Esterhaus]
    Hey, let's be careful out there.
    [/Sergeant Phil Esterhaus]
    they have to work, that is how the FIT is calculated in your payment. so if you produce 1000 units in a quarter you get 43.3p x 1000 (FIT) = 433.30 plus 1000/2 x 3p = £15 (see why the free panels are so good for the investor!! all you get as the free panel hoster is the £15 of electricity)
    if you produce 0 units, you get 43.3 x 0 = 0 plus 3p x 0 = 0

the problem will come when the panels and inverter start to break down, or maybe one panel goes faulty, pulling the whole array down. if they have had their lions share of FIT's they are not going to spend huge amounts repairing them.
    if you own it, you can decide what you will do.
    not just an Internet diver www.coronationwreck.co.uk

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by colinicky View Post
    Prices have "miraculously" crashed through the floor since the cuts in subsidy ! Funny how they can cut the cost so quickly, just goes to prove how much they were making before
    panel installers where tripling their money this time last year, hence why i started to install my own, then someone elses, and another. they were ripping people off, even this time last year, solar arrays were costing £4k in parts, they were charging anything from 12-16k to install.
    the panels are not much cheaper, but the installers are having to fight for the business.

really, anyone who wants them, install them yourself, and get a MCS installer to comission it for £150, they will do it. you can get an array that would even today cost you £8k for about £4k, its plug in and play too! no difficult work that any good diy person cant do.

Thanks
    Some bloke on the internet said it's cheaper to do yourself, so's circumcision, with both leaving you equally as knackered if you get it wrong. Most people can't even get the wiring in a plug right let alone a full blown survey and roof instalation.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Clanger For This Useful Post:

bowe310s (14-05-12)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Clanger View Post
    Some bloke on the internet said it's cheaper to do yourself, so's circumcision, with both leaving you equally as knackered if you get it wrong. Most people can't even get the wiring in a plug right let alone a full blown survey and roof instalation.
    if you can dive a rebreather, then the wiring and assembly will be more complicated.
    its like lego, they ask you your roof type, and supply the hangers and cross bars to suit.
    fear of heights are another story

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MRKYMARK View Post
    if you can dive a rebreather, then the wiring and assembly will be more complicated.
    its like lego, they ask you your roof type, and supply the hangers and cross bars to suit.
    fear of heights are another story
    I think I'd struggle with the getting the scaffolding around the conservatory. DIY may be a possibility but most round my way struggle to walk up the road let alone climb a roof. Visons of doing a Rod Hull

Please delete all my posts
    Thanks
    I think I'd struggle with the getting the scaffolding around the conservatory. DIY may be a possibility but most round my way struggle to walk up the road let alone climb a roof. Visons of doing a Rod Hull
    scaffold for a few days isn't that much and you will be surprised what scaffolders can bridge with some fancy tubework. you wouldn't want to watch them do it though.
    please delete all my posts
    despite repeated attempts the nobhead mods don't understand that the T&Cs changed when the wanker sold us out . all my original posts were posted under tham not the wanky ones now foisted on me fookin canucks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dry suit diver View Post
    scaffold for a few days isn't that much and you will be surprised what scaffolders can bridge with some fancy tubework. you wouldn't want to watch them do it though.
    Ha Har, someone walks through the trap door. So now the diy costs start to become less appealing

Thanks
    Thanked 1,000 Times in 536 Posts
    Ha Har, someone walks through the trap door. So now the diy costs start to become less appealing
    The Trap Door - Episode 1 - Series 1 - YouTube

Pronounced 'Hawaay!'

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast