Software for creating dive site maps? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Software for creating dive site maps?

Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam NotDeadYet's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,343 Times in 1,826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by londonsean69 View Post
    'Most' home users download it from a Torrent site.
    Ahem. Yes. I am told people do that.

Luckily our firm has a global subscription to AutoDesk which covers all products, for around 4000 seats I hate to think what it costs.
    We have that as well, same sort of numbers. When I got my new PC they dipped it in the Autodesk bucket, it had everything on it, probably about £20k's worth at retail. Been forced on to Revit, god it's shit.

As others have said, AutoCAD is not the tool to use. Although, I did my dive site map for my DM in AutoCAD as a 3D model so I could do sections and contour plots
    I did as well. Although I picked a site that dried at low tide. An hour with a borrowed total station (I used to be a surveyor) and we had the lot. Just downloaded the data logger and let the software do it
    "i think this post displays/encourages a stupid if not dangerous example/attitude. This applies to ALL your posts so far"

"Faith is the surrender of the mind" - Christopher Hitchens

2. Remove Advertisements
    Yorkshire-Divers.com
    Advertisements

PMs are being edited
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,407 Times in 1,888 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NotDeadYet View Post
    We have that as well, same sort of numbers. When I got my new PC they dipped it in the Autodesk bucket, it had everything on it, probably about £20k's worth at retail. Been forced on to Revit, god it's shit.
    Yes, our UK IT group are not so good. The lads in the Middle East were like "Bring your laptop in and we'll put a few things on it for you".

I made the switch to Revit (MEP version) last year, it was helpful for the stuff we were doing. It's OK for piping, but not great. It's an architects tool, and as such has been made so that they can use it. The other implementations of it are slowly catching up, but they still seem to be second best to the arch version.
    I have been chatting with a few people at work about some work North of the border (Aberdeen of all places ), doing bits of rig design. They seem to use Inventor for everything, which should be another interesting learning curve. However we are looking at my security clearance next week for some 'sensitive' stuff

Thanks
    Much obliged for your assistance. I want to build my own site for it too.

Thanks
    Actually, I think in some cases it's better to outsource work partially or even fully. Especially, if you don't know how to cope with some projects. There are many benefits of it. Read this article https://otakoyi.com/blog/what-is-it-...benefits-types to find out more about them. Maybe you'll decide to outsource website development.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123