YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

QUICK SURVEY: The impact diving has on your life

7K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  DiveflagUK 
#1 ·
Hi everyone

I'm an independent researcher and a keen scuba diver, and I'm currently undertaking a survey about the impact that scuba diving has on people's lives.

I'd be ever so grateful if you could take a few minutes to fill it in. It is intended that an article will be published discussing the findings from this survey. However, please be assured that all of your answers will remain anonymous, and the survey won’t ask for your name at any point.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/scubaforums

#4 ·
Hmmm, not very deep is it? What to you expect to discover from your four or five questions?

Sorry to be critical but surveys pop up on here frequently and most are ill conceived, I can't see how you will gain data of any worth from that.

I am happy to spend my time on a decent, well thought out survey but to be honest I reckon it took longer for me to click through the answers than it did to come up with the questions...

#7 ·
Hello

Thanks for the comments.

A lot of research has bene done around the health and wellbeing imapcts of various sports and hobbies and so on, and I was keen to do one for diving too.

The value of this survey is in the findings - the collective response rather than the depth - as I'm looking to find out health and wellbeing impacts very generally. The Market Research Society code of conduct suggests that unecesary data should not be collected, hence I've pared it down to the bare minimum! Size isn't everything ;)

Sorry to Finless, but I need to put some boundaries around it to make the findings recent and focused so in this case I'm just looking for the experiences of people who have dived recently.

Cheers. R.

#11 ·
Luckily my broken ribs happened more than a year ago so diving has done everything positive including improving my sex life (which you failed to mention in your questions..... :) )
My take on your survey is that your applying for a grant to set up a scuba venture, how do I go on my guess????

#12 ·
LOL glad to hear about that most excellent of positive impacts!

Fair guess on the grant seeking, but incorrect I'm afraid. Just adding to the knowledge bank by combining my personal/professional interests. However others could certainly use the results for that if I get enough responses and write an article!

#18 ·
Damn... I didn't think that through did I...

Go see my Ban-ki moon thread and make your payment request there...
Send it direct to me, Ban-ki owes me any way, for favours rendered. I tell everyone I ran some guns for him, you know, keep the little civil wars going so the UN could like they were fulfilling a useful role. In reality, it was sexual :( He made me dress up like Kofi Annan and boss me around, so he could feel like 'the man'.

#17 ·
I'm curious as to why you ask if people feel there is a 'health benefit' from Scuba diving. I've always perceived diving as something that requires a level of fitness, rather than something that contributes to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.