Legalisation of weed in (parts) of the US - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Legalisation of weed in (parts) of the US

Thanks
    Thanked 5,617 Times in 3,004 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_c View Post
    and some grow tobacco,
    Do they? I can't imagine that is a cost effective cottage industry...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Yorkshire-Divers.com
    Advertisements

Marco Simoncelli 1987 - 2011 hollytheshark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bythesea View Post
    People make beer and wine at home Holly... no difference
    Im not saying not to grow it at home, im saying if you end up buying it from someone else who has grown it at home thats where the you know where your weed comes from and what you are smoking' arguement falls flat? Your weed may be a stronger strain (not a problem for some), you still dont know what your smoking cos you've bought it from fred next door

Thanks
    i knew womone who did. one crop was enough for a few months supply from a couple of plants. but he was doing ti for taste not for cash reasons and because it interested him. but it was cheeper. think a few seeds some horse poo and water and then a little work at the other end to dry it shread it and roll it into cigars. he was happy and it was quite nice
    not as stroky as i used to be

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hollytheshark View Post
    Im not saying not to grow it at home, im saying if you end up buying it from someone else who has grown it at home thats where the you know where your weed comes from and what you are smoking' arguement falls flat? Your weed may be a stronger strain (not a problem for some), you still dont know what your smoking cos you've bought it from fred next door
    If fred lives next door and we both smoke weed I probably know Fred and have had many conversations with him...

this is a very weak premise Holly...

Marco Simoncelli 1987 - 2011 hollytheshark's Avatar
    Thanks
    lol im sure you would, I doubt if someone has shelled out 100s on a decent hydro or light and ventilation set up they would share with you for the joy of it, i wouldnt but im selfish like that

Thanks
    If we were both growing no doubt we would sample each others wares....

Thanks
    Can some one pass me Fred's phone number.

Being home grown im sure its better than what most people are smoking.

PADI Internet Specialty Diver chrisch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bythesea View Post
    Do they? I can't imagine that is a cost effective cottage industry...
    Tobacco is widely grown but it's not usually the stuff for smoking. The family (Nicotiana) includes some pretty plants grown for visual effect. You can grow smoking tobacco easily enough but the leaf is generally processed before burning and that is a process that most people can't be arsed with. Its a big plant too and would eat up a lot of garden space.

The UK climate is a bit wet and miserable for drying the leaves outdoors so you would probably use up half your greenhouse.

However, tobacco is a good plant for controlling insects and IIRC you can mince it up and spray the goo on other plants.

It's fascinating stuff.

Weed is much easier to grow and you just need to dry it and smoke it. It grows well outdoors and doesn't need all the fancy lights and so on that commercial farms use. They use that stuff because they grow it indoors and out of sight. If it were legalised then the growing could take place without using the energy and harming the environment. Also growing it in the UK would help the balance of payments deficit as opposed to importing it.

Hemp was widely grown in the UK for making rope and is still a valuable crop. It can be used for making paper and sackcloth. You need to smoke a lot of hemp to get any effect but nevertheless it was banned and has only recently been grown again as a new variety with very little active content has been introduced. Welcome to The House of Hemp

Cannabis has many medicinal qualities that are positive and there is a recent resurgence of interest in it. It is possible to get the benefits without smoking the dried leaves and as a result running the risk of lung ill-health. There is strong anecdotal evidence it helps with MS in particular. I think therefore a great deal of the uninformed hysteria about weed is actually very unhelpful. As a recreational drug it's probably one of the least problematic on the planet. The previous attempts to move away from the heavy handed enforcement of it's prohibition were welcome but unfortunately the draconian penalties were left in place for "cultivation". I would argue further that as well as being a fairly unproblematic drug in its use that the "grow your own" people are probably the least problematic users. Unfortunate side effects include listening to bad music, wearing 70s fashion and being rather boring conversationalists. Not major "crimes" in the big scale of things
    "In good times people are relaxed, trusting, and money is plentiful. But even though money is plentiful, there are always many people who need more. Under these circumstances the rate of embezzlement grows" John Kenneth Galbraith

10. The Following User Says Thank You to chrisch For This Useful Post:

12480 (12-11-12)

Thanks
    I don't understand why it's still not fully legalized. It's strange because we have successful examples of different states and, say, Canada. When I was in the UK I tried some of their CBD oils about which I read on BirminghamMail. So sad that they are not easy to find in my hometown.

Thanks
    CBD oils for sale is also different from hemp seed oil because it is not extracted from seeds, but from hemp flowers, leaves and stems. Surprisingly, studies show that CBD oil products really help cure many diseases.