My new webstore: SkincareIcon.com selling skincare products - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My new webstore: SkincareIcon.com selling skincare products

Sort of member - perhaps, possibly, maybe ChristianG's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jturner View Post
    Because it would be a hopeless sales pitch and there would be no need for the "Men Only" section otherwise?!! Besides, if Loriel (sp?) Paris can have Men Expert (whatever that means), surely there's a market there?!!
    Sure there is, there are plenty of men sufficiently vain to require one. I was more concerned at the way the original comment was couched - not all men, myself included, "must moisturise". Some of us might even grow old gracefully, or so we like to think, without must having to do anything at all related to personal "beauty".

Edit/: Incidentally I'll quite certainly agree with the concept of chapped lips etc. That, however, usually only happens in some (often extreme) circumstances and I've found, long ago, that vaseline works a treat and moreover is lots cheaper than the dollied up stuff.
    Last edited by ChristianG; 07-12-12 at 08:49 AM.
    Christian

There is nothing more certain in life than taxes, decompression theory and death - CG
    There is no point at all in getting a killer picture if that picture kills you
    - CG

2. Remove Advertisements
    Yorkshire-Divers.com
    Advertisements

MIFLEX DIR = "Did It Rupture"?? Graham Smith's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,167 Times in 566 Posts
    Where and how do you apply the ipod Nano that is shown on the "Skin Concerns" tab (Immediately below "Browse Categories - Skin Concerns", the icon for "Problem Skins").

G
    Not Completely Mad Yet - Still got some bits missing......
    Eastbourne BS-AC (Sovereign Divers) 40 Years in the Making 1972 - 2012 - "We Must be Doing Something Right"

Spider Crabs can just f*ck off Kirstie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,629 Times in 979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianG View Post
    I've found, long ago, that vaseline works a treat and moreover is lots cheaper than the dollied up stuff.
    It's good for eyelashes too - makes them glossy
    If you have to think about it for more than thirty seconds, you probably shouldn't get in.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Yorkshire-Divers.com
    Advertisements

Conscientious Objector
    Thanks
    Nice website - clean, simple, effective.

I also like the gift ideas pane - good thinking!

OTOH, A "Manly Moisturiser for Moiturising Men" section would probably appeal to me, as would the addition of some shaving products to your repertoire - perhaps some good quality double-edged razors and the appropriate shaving gunks (face wash, pre-shave cream/oil, shaving soap, badger brushes, non-alcohol aftershave etc...) might be a good line to branch out into, especially at xmas!

I probably have a vested interest here, as until a couple of weeks ago, I had a full beard but am now clean shaven and shave every day for work (non-negotiable in my line of employment...). I'm finding it difficult to adopt a regime that both keeps the stubble down well and doesn't leave me with razor burn and/or ingrowing hairs and/or either excessively dry or greasy skin.

I spent a lot of time last week (while workstopped waiting on an outside organisation) looking at websites like this one: Shaving and men's grooming products - The Traditional Shaving Company and Men's Grooming Guide - Tips and Articles which although they cater for a vastly different market, have some crossover.

The thing I particularly liked about the latter site, which you may wish to emulate, was the explanations of what each product / type of product is, when and how to use, and which things work well for which skin types....
    I withdraw the right for my photographs, and/or words to be used, due to lack of consultation with regard to changes in the terms of the contract previously enjoyed by both parties. I have been denied the right to remove the above myself and request this be done on my behalf.... with no fucking about or excuses....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 677 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Venus View Post

Please don't be scared ... all men must moisturise
    I do, at least twice daily. Not out of vanity but because my face would flake away without it. On the upside I'm perhaps not as wrinkly as I might otherwise have been so there's vanity right there

Mens products are big business now.

I wasn't even slightly surprised to hear a couple early twenties lads discussing their facial routines in a shop recently. Some take as much care as the girls which I don't think is a bad thing. It's also another aspect of health that's putting some youngsters of smoking...the ageing effects!

Anyway, most of what I slap on my skin is supermarket own brand but I'll show the MD your Webstore Venus. She buys skincare products like there no tomorrow. I reckon with a shoe horn she could get some more bottles and tubs on the bathroom window ledge
    "I learned very early the difference between knowing the name of something and knowing something" - Richard P Feynman

MIFLEX DIR = "Did It Rupture"?? Graham Smith's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,167 Times in 566 Posts
    Vain or not (and I don't care) I use Clinique for men stuff. From shave foam to moisturiser it's excelent but I can't help thinking overpriced....

G
    Not Completely Mad Yet - Still got some bits missing......
    Eastbourne BS-AC (Sovereign Divers) 40 Years in the Making 1972 - 2012 - "We Must be Doing Something Right"

Thanks
    removed
    Last edited by thehappychappy; 21-12-12 at 09:33 PM.
    THC

Thanks
    Thanks Graham

I hadn't taken that picture yet, I've quickly cut three images together and uploaded it in place of the nano

Valuable spot ... thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Smith View Post
    Where and how do you apply the ipod Nano that is shown on the "Skin Concerns" tab (Immediately below "Browse Categories - Skin Concerns", the icon for "Problem Skins").

G

Thanks
    Thanked 2,637 Times in 1,701 Posts
    Currently attired in Seaskin's finest

www.kitfondle.co.uk
    Kit That Makes Brave Men Weep

www.nusac.info
    A rather brilliant place to dive

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Woz For This Useful Post:

nickpicks (07-12-12)

Spider Crabs can just f*ck off Kirstie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,629 Times in 979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thehappychappy View Post
    I like it when I can convince Elaine or my youngest daughter to spend time squeezing some of my back zits for me,
    Along with peeling sunburn off, squeezing spots is one of my favourite things. Unfortunately, I've never suffered from spots in my life, and neither has Turbs, so I don't get to indulge as much as I'd like to.
    If you have to think about it for more than thirty seconds, you probably shouldn't get in.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast