My new webstore: SkincareIcon.com selling skincare products
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My new webstore: SkincareIcon.com selling skincare products

Thanks

My new webstore: SkincareIcon.com selling skincare products

Hi Everyone

I have recently set up my webstore selling skincare products [SkincareIcon.com]

I have a range of products, manufactured in the UK, from everyday moisturisers and exfoliants to wound healing and eye care
    This is very much a new venture for me to earn a little extra cash with a view to making this a full time career in the long term …. if I can make a success of it

If you have a few minutes spare, I would really value a couple of things

1) Views/ comments on my webstore
    2) Twitter follows & Facebook likes
    3) Direction on SEO, have you come across a really good/ simple to follow place which explains this
    4) Ideas on free advertising

I understand this is a hugely competitive industry with big players who have mega bucks in marketing spend and thousands of resource days per year to establish themselves
    There is still space for a small entrepreneur to make a reasonable living

Thanks very much

Venus

2. Remove Advertisements
    Yorkshire-Divers.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Website looks well laid out. Clean and fresh - which is probably appropriate.

Looks the same on Chrome, Safari and Firefox on a Mac. Twitter and Facebook are both blocked in China. As is my VPN server from today, it seems.

Of course, I only looked at the home page. I am a bloke and that stuff scares me.

Very best of luck with the business.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 496 Posts
    Agree with Dave that the site looks well laid out and fresh. I'm using firefox and looks good. Couple of points:

Can be a touch slow when going from one page to another.

I don't know the names and I made me wonder if these are 'legal' products / or authorized by relevant authorities. I have a supplier who looks like Shrek with eczema, his wife - young beautiful model has made a skin cream but is taking months or yours to be legal - that is in France.

Good luck with the venture.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Yorkshire-Divers.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    removed
    Last edited by thehappychappy; 21-12-12 at 09:34 PM.
    THC

Thanks
    Thanks Dave

Please don't be scared ... all men must moisturise

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lev View Post
    Of course, I only looked at the home page. I am a bloke and that stuff scares me.

Thanks
    Thanks Chris

I've checked the page load times and it is very good
    Altho, now and again even I find that it appears slower than other times
    I'll test the load speeds at different times of the day with different browsers and different laptops to see if there is any pattern

Legal - I understand your question
    Yes, these products have been sold into salons and pharmacies in the UK & Europe for years, the manufacturer carries all the legal requirements and indemnity
    My venture is creating the online store and pushing for further sales

Quote Originally Posted by CotoChris View Post
    Can be a touch slow when going from one page to another.

I don't know the names and I made me wonder if these are 'legal' products / or authorized by relevant authorities. I have a supplier who looks like Shrek with eczema, his wife - young beautiful model has made a skin cream but is taking months or yours to be legal - that is in France.

Thanks
    Davie - you have mentioned one of the things that I battled with ..... which was 'should I have a men's section'?

I had decided to set up a separate men's only webstore, but it turned out to be too costly to have both

YES, I'm going to create a category for 'men only' and another for something like 'everyday basics' because I don't think this is really clear at all

Navigation for Dummies - I'll re-look at the way I have the categories structured maybe it does not make as much sense as I originally thought

Quote Originally Posted by thehappychappy View Post
    I'd like to see some navigation for dummies.

I'm a bloke show me blokes products.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Venus For This Useful Post:

Ian_6301 (07-12-12)

Sort of member - perhaps, possibly, maybe ChristianG's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Venus View Post
    Ummm, why?

I live on the driest continent on earth. I don't, never have, "moisturised", whatever that means. Sure, I'm of an age where it doesn't mean very much but I did, once upon a time, have a really exotic girlfriend (Spanish Philippino but Dad was Swedish) whose father apparently did so all the time. She never did manage to persuade me otherwise.

Apart from that (very male) caveat the website looks pretty good, other than that "Spots and pimples" appears twice (albeit in different sections). Like others I applaud you for a simple, basic white, design. It's so easy for new designers to be taken in by all those colours - they forget that this is what books and magazines are all about (furthermore they make reading it all easier).
    Christian

There is nothing more certain in life than taxes, decompression theory and death - CG
    There is no point at all in getting a killer picture if that picture kills you
    - CG

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Venus View Post
    Thanks Dave

Go diving.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 722 For This Useful Post:

Spirit of Guernsey (06-12-12)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianG View Post
    Ummm, why?
    Because it would be a hopeless sales pitch and there would be no need for the "Men Only" section otherwise?!! Besides, if Loriel (sp?) Paris can have Men Expert (whatever that means), surely there's a market there?!!
    Anyway, it might be dry down under but it isn't cold: try cold and dry wind and then tell me you don't need to moisturise! On my last visit to the frozen north (Sweden, not Yorkshire), I badly missed lip balm at the very least! My old mug felt even more like a bit of old shoe leather than usual. Perhaps that's why your would-have-been father-in-law used it?!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast