YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Newsletter - The Apocalypse is upon us

8K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Dave1w 
#1 ·
Well with only 2 days till the coming of the Apocalypse it must be time for a final 'End of Times' newsletter giving us the latest ranty update. I reckon OSEL have a couple of days to compile the final edition from their bunker in darkest Siberia.

What with Jay selling out and moving to a lead lined vault in Switzerland to sit on his mountain of gold bars, while YD is torn from the dying grip of the fanatics by the merciless bulldozer of corporate greed.

THE END IS NIGH.
:D

#4 ·
I'm going diving tomorrow.

I have this plan to be underwater during the apocalypse, and then come out of the water and start the world all over again.

A sort of WORLD VERSION 2 : the relaunch.

In "WORLD2" chocolate would be both healthy and slimming, lentils would be very bad for you, I'd be able to play the guitar properly, and my rebreather would only weigh 4kg.

Sorry, it's been that sort of day!

Annie

#13 ·
Maybe they should start talking about the Approx-alypse, where the end of the world is nearly upon us, ETA varying from shortly to a bit longer.

In the meantime, does anyone else wonder what the idiot was thinking who put a £50K bet on the end of the world....for a start, how was he going to collect if he won?

#14 ·
has anybody heard anything on this fiasco, reason i am asking is a friend of mine is one of the ea's and i talked him into getting the o2 version instead of waiting for the make believe all singing all dancing one, and if the electronics do ever appear he can add later, the thinking behind this was if he got it then he would have at least got something for his money.

he then asked them for it and have a guess what, they said they are having problems and there would be a two week delay that was about nine weeks ago, i think he has well had enough and he is going to try and get his money back, has anybody been successful in doing this.

#16 ·
he then asked them for it and have a guess what, they said they are having problems and there would be a two week delay that was about nine weeks ago, i think he has well had enough and he is going to try and get his money back, has anybody been successful in doing this.
I asked the same question on here several months ago for a student of mine who had put a $2000 (US) deposit down for the full boat unit. I also suggested the same to my student in an effort to at least get something. To date AFAIK he hasn't received either an O2 unit, a refund (or promissory note), or a solid ship by date.

#17 ·
so it looks like he can whistle for his money or any type of unit, unless he wants to go down a legal route small claims, fair trading etc.

i do think that the apoc should be moved from the rebreather forum and placed in the joke of the day section, the only thing though is its not a very funny joke

shame despite all the promises

#18 · (Edited)
The Apoc is not a joke.
I just sent mine (O2 unit with Tecme PPO2 pod and SW Predator) in for annual service and did about 30 dives with it in 2012.
A friend sold his and, after a long wait, got his money back for the electronics package.
I am still waiting for the iCCR pods to come out, but am not in a hurry coz I am quite happy with my unit.
So, this unit is being dived and is to remain on the forums, please...
As to yr friend, give him the advise to get the O2 unit and dive it mCCR, I am 100% sure he will love it.
I don't know if I will like the iCCR, but for the EA price, the wait is not painfull at all.

safe diving

#19 ·
hi ivan

thanks for the info i will pass it on to my friend, but it seems you did not read my first post (14) he DID ask for the 02 version and is/was prepared to wait for the electronics package, but has i have already explained he is still waiting despite emails etc, looking at matts post (16) It does seem to be a joke to me anyway. Regarding the EA price it does not matter even if its one euro (which its not) they still have his cash and what is it now 4 or 5 years, if thats not a joke i don't know what is

As to yr friend, give him the advise to get the O2 unit and dive it mCCR, I am 100% sure he will love it.
I don't know if I will like the iCCR, but for the EA price, the wait is not painfull at all.

safe diving

#21 ·
HI,

I also for sure don't like how the comms with Osel went these last 4 years, I would never do it again.
I split my iCCR order in June 2011 and got my O2 unit in Oct 2011, so it was a long wait as well. A wait I couldn't accept either.
But, since I got my O2 unit and dive it mCCR, got trained mod1-mCCR, did some good dives with it, had some problems which have been solved free of charge all that frustration is gone. I am now not anxiously waiting looking for any newsletters etc.. just diving and whenever the iCCR pods are ready, or their new computer that will be fine for me.. Is this good ? for me it is, for Osel, buisiness wise, I don't know, thats their problem.
All I can say now, is that whoever has his Apoc is very happy with the unit itself !

cheers,

Ivan

#23 ·
just in case anyone still cares any more:
Company Name : OPEN SAFETY EQUIPMENT LIMITED Company Number: SC347708

The following form/document(s) have been filed for the above company and are available to order from our Companies House WebCHeck service:

Document Type Form
------------- ----
Accounts AA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.