YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Diving in the dark

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Mothercare 
#1 ·
Hi
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but im sure it will be moved if it isnt!!!

I am a great fan of night diving and have been asked by a number of club members if I could guide them on such a dive. However some of them suggested they would find the experience less daunting if they could be 'eased' into it by means of a informal training/pool experience dive. Sort of a try-before-you-dive session. After mentioning it to the club committee it has fallen squarely into my lap to plan/arrange the diving. (I do have some 'willing' assistants!!)

So, after contacting our pool and being redirected to local council health and safety department, I now have to produce a risk assessment. I have a basic understanding of how to produce one but would like to ask for advice from anyone who has done anything similar in the past and would like to share their experiences.

Thanks in advance
Andy P
DL/Assistant Instructor

#3 ·
Don't know if this is an active issue still, but it might be worth contacting dive schools who have there own pools. They might have a policy and a HSE documents about how to conduct this sort of taster/try dive. Will the pool you train in not help in facilitating this training goal?

#4 ·
Hi I'm Kendal bsacs night dive co ordinator when I've had new divers starting I've picked a know dive site to them and run it as a twilight dive ie go in in day light come out in almost dark.. Putting a strobe on the shore can be comforting too. We have club rule of sports diver and above due to overheads piers And such hope this helps matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.