YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Side mount help please

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Smudged 
#1 ·
After finding out that a couple of my mates are so far up their own ego's to help me out, I have found myself in a position where I'm having to ask for help off side mount divers on here.

I have just completed my IANTD intro cave diver course and want to move towards side mount diving. I have already purchased an XDeep harness and wing, regs and 2 x 10ltr cylinders. All I need now is someone who wouldn't mind popping along to Stoney Cove one weekend to help me out setting this gear up.

I'm not after any kind of free training (I am in the process of booking a course for that) but need someone to show me the ropes as so to speak.

If you are one of those that is into designer side mount please don't bother, otherwise you will be well disappointed in me. Side mount for me is just another tool to enjoy diving, nothing more, nothing less.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Well my instructor is going to love me :)
I'll be turning up with brand new tins without any rigging, regs not set up, and a harness still in it's packaging :) oh well, I hope no one wanted to dive on day one of the course is 3 weeks pmsl
On the bright side my suit fits :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.