YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Reporting a padi school

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  TerryH 
#1 ·
Right before I go ahead do you think I'm right in doing this for the safety of the said person and to protect others from this dive school

basically the said dive school is simply passing a said amount of people from the same family due to the amount of money they spend in there

passed open water
5 dives later (3 of them where for the course) 2 in 2 metres of water
goes on to pass the advanced course in 19 metres

then goes to do the rescue diver with little more than 15 open water dives passes

then! Enrols onto divemaster with little more than 20 dives

ive been diving years and had to dive to 40 metres to pass my advanced I find this disgusting and a very dangerous practice to think this guy could lead a dive expedition

to add he will try everything in the book to avoid diving at depth from I've got a headache to letting water in a dry suit on purpose

this dive store can only be frightened of this individual or money orientated

please comment
thanks

See less See more
#3 ·
I understand what you are saying but I have got to beg to differ on one point

Part of the course is deep diver mainly to check your ability or tolerance on nitrogen narcosis

The said guy goes beyond his 19 metres for instance thinks ! I feel weird etc etc because he doesn't know his limits etc shoots to the top because he thinks he is in trouble
When in reality all he needed to do was ascend a little to wear the affects off
I don't know any one who get NN in depths that shallow

Hope you can see my point there

#4 ·
A few thoughts for you - it's difficult to answer more accurately as there's no facts to back this up and your OP is not all that clear. From what you have written, it looks like there may have been a standards breach so you could report it to Padi's QA in the UK (assuming you're in the UK). Dives to 2m don't count as dives for instance. But either way, you will need to share far more details than you have here. Lastly, have you got evidence of this? Your word v there's is probably going nowhere - Padi won't (and shouldn't) act on rumours.

#6 ·
I know the person there's the facts and proof and seen the log book
This isn't about grassing anyone in its about saving people from themselves and others

Would you go with a divemaster that is like this

It's a scary thought and a dangerous one at but it kind of seems that no one is making positive comments I mean I know more than the comments

For instance you need far more than 40 dives for divemaster you need physician reports etcetera etc

As for the depth as part of advanced you do deep diver what's the point of this when you go 1 metre over your max open water qualification it hardly cuts it for a deep diver or teaches you the dangers of nitrogen narcosis

#7 ·
Your 40m depth for AOW sounds like it was done some time ago. The standards now
are 30m, with 40m done as part of a deep specialty at increased cost. Open Water is
18m max, so in theory anything over that (19m) is advanced, bit it's pretty weak to
say the least.

It's all close enough to standards for PADI to do nowt. They have after all got a wedge
for doing al these grades which is after all the buisness plan.

But ............

I wouldnt get too upset about it, inexperinced DM's are almost unemployable and even
if pleasure diving will soon get caught out. The depth issue is indicative of fear based
on lack of experience and is surprisngly common. It does though mean that he's aware
of his limitations, so maybe given a few more dives he might end up being better than
you think :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.