suunto pressure transducer - 130m dive

Thread: suunto pressure transducer - 130m dive

Thanks

suunto pressure transducer - 130m dive

Hi,

First up this is my first post here so hello to all. I've been using the site for a while but never had need to post.

I've just turned on my Suunto vytec (old model not DS) and found that it went straight into dive mode showing a depth of 130m. Having a read around I see that this is a known issue with the pressure transducer giving up. As my unit is old and well out of warranty I thought i'd take a look inside as its as good as dead now. I expected this would destroy the unit as Suunto claim this is a sealed unit which cant be serviced.

However I found that the unit is not sealed (potted) and actually came apart fairly easy see attached pictures.

IMG_20161204_104237.gif

Having a closer look the pressure transducer looks to be very similar to the TE series

http://www.digikey.com.au/product-de...9-1-ND/1991411

I have looked around but couldn't find any information on people doing this in the past so I thought I would post it up out of interest see if anyone has tried a similar fix.

PLEASE NOTE.
    I am aware this is a bit of potentially life saving kit and should not be messed with. I'm doing this out of interest only. If I manage to get the unit working again I may dive with it again but only to see if it works. A new computer is on its way. I'm not encouraging others to do this just posting as a matter of interest.

Has anyone managed to revive a failed Suunto before?

Sam
    Last edited by S.Mitchell; 04-12-16 at 02:56 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Yorkshire-Divers.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    i think K-E provide much better service