YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1st suit, Otter, SeaSkin, ROHO

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Nick Bailey 
#1 ·
Hi every one, wondering if any one has experience with Otter, SeaSkin or ROHO Membrane drysuits, or maybe neoprene (never used one so not too sure)

This will be my first suit, and my reason for narrowing down to these 3 companies is because I live within a 1-2 minute drive of Otter and 10 minute drive to both Seaskin and ROHO, hence making measuring really easy and if I have problems I can get to them easily!

Just another querie is, I can get a MTM seaskin with all the extras and changes I would like for about half the price of an otter that's MTM with all the changes and extras I like, is otter worth twice the money ? or would I be better off getting the lesser priced sea skin and putting my left over money into other items?

I am happy with either front or back entry so doesn't need to be a factor, and I think I may knock ROHO on the head purely due to the lack of customization that the other companies offer.

Thanks Every one
Dan

#2 ·
SeaSkin make low cost suits but sometimes the sizing/cut/quality might be a little off, Otter make better suits but you pay more for them.

Otter would be a great suit if it's in budget but if this is going to be your first suit then it could be worth considering second hand first till you know exactly what you want and till you know how in to diving you are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.