World of Warcraft ? - Page 193

Thread: World of Warcraft ?

Thanks
    Oooh, last night was fun

We downed Doom Lord Kazzak (now in Hellfire and really nasty). He has a million hp and 60 seconds into teh fight, does a 13k series of shadow bolts to everyone. Anyone who dies gives him 150k hp back....... (and that's not to mention his cleaves, random shadow damage and all sorts of otehr nasties).

Took 7 wipes to kill him. 4 were caused by ninja pulls as he has a HUGE aggro range! We had some friends keeping all the towers in Horde hands to get the 5% buff from there. Took us 100 seconds to kill him - i.e. we survived 1 enrage (the 13k damage over 10 seconds part) by all the druids spamming their group heals and everyone popping a HS and healing pot

(edit) I just worked out that (due to those who died during the fight) the average dps'er was doing over 650 dps for the whole fight

Only the 3rd (and horde first) guild on the server too.

We had so many watchers that the fight was at slightly less than 1 frame per second on my screen!

Then we (well some of us) went to magtherion and finally killed him. So two guild firsts last night. Whee.

Nya.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Yorkshire-Divers.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Wow congratulations! I think I've flown over that doom chap, though kept a more than respectful distance (he's at the throne of Kil'Jaden, or is he at the bottom of the steps at the Dark Portal?) either way sounds horrifically difficult, and all done in 100 seconds - most raid bosses take up to 15 minuites!

I hope you got something good out of it, despite prestige, it sounds well deserved!

Time for your shammy to put his feet up in the tavern after that I think!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Stable View Post
    I hope you got something good out of it, despite prestige, it sounds well deserved!
    Naah, just some dkp and the satisfaction of a job well done

Tonight I will see if I can get a heroic SP or something and persuade my shoulders to drop. Or try to get my LW up to 375 and make some nice stuff that way......

5. Remove Advertisements
    Yorkshire-Divers.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Which shoulders are you after?

Theres some nice healing cloth boots from Quagmarian I wouldnt mind getting my hands on, but getting him to gently roll over and pass them to me may be the tricky part - but we'll see.

I'm in the mood for a heroic instance now, lol, will have to wait till tommorow though...Give me my epics you scoundrels...

Thanks
    Desolation Shoulderguards - last boss in heroic slave pens is supposed to drop them but he's holding on tight.....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by troc View Post
    Desolation Shoulderguards - last boss in heroic slave pens is supposed to drop them but he's holding on tight.....
    Ah, I remember browsing over those, our hunter would appreciate them too I suspect...(she recently accidentally rolled greed on the Beastlord Cuirass and lost to a warrior who also happened to roll greed - the rest had passed, she was not impressed, especially after comlaining about not getting any upgrades recently! Least she only blames herself, lol)

Bah, number crunching for Trustees...even more inclined to take it out on some hapless Ogres in Stranglethorn Vale with my warrior now...to catch up with a pesky mage!

EDIT: speaking of shoulderguards, I notice that in the recent patch, the size of Orc's shoulders have been scaled down, as the armour worn tended to dwarf the body - fair enough, but theres now a bug where the armour is too small...Orcs now have tiny shoulders...:P
    Last edited by Capt. Stable; 11-07-07 at 03:06 PM.

Thanks
    Bah, number crunching for Trustees...even more inclined to take it out on some hapless Ogres in Stranglethorn Vale with my warrior now...to catch up with a pesky mage!

EDIT: speaking of shoulderguards, I notice that in the recent patch, the size of Orc's shoulders have been scaled down, as the armour worn tended to dwarf the body - fair enough, but theres now a bug where the armour is too small...Orcs now have tiny shoulders...:P
    I warned you! Play or pay......

I'm glad orc's shoulders have been scaled down though, I look forward to seeing Bananaman in all his *smaller* glory.

Thanks
    I only saw the state of the tiny tier armour yesterday (not sure if it affects all shoulders) but the Hunters flaming green shoulders which usually sit up above the Orcs head and look raher marvellous, were about as big as his fist, I would not be impressed somehow...
    Only 3 more levels and a bit and he'll be robo-cop, not Bannana-Rama *rocks back and forth*
    Better watch out though, be unfortunate to have a nasty accident in top of Ramparts...
    "I need healing!"
    "I Have LAAAAG!"

Well, deciding I'd been afk too long, our tank decided it'd be fun to rejog my memory and crack on and do SteamVaults....Heroic. We had a enhancement shaman, destruction (fire) lock, survival hunter (I think), Prot warrior and I. So a little light on crod control.
    Overall it wasnt too bad actually, Kart (war) could easily tank two melee mobs without my mana dropping below 60% whilst one was frozen and the other (if appropriate) seduced. The only problems we had where on the 4 man pulls where we were experimenting with mind control (Once had a fantastic wipe in Shadow Labryinth where I stupidly MC a shadow Priest, who broke out of it in seconds, pulled the whole room (before the Ogre) on to me, then the rest of the party...how we laughed...).
    The other issue was fear - it winds Kart up, and has allways plauged us in Heroic Slave Pens too, too much of an opportunity for the mobs to run loose and one/two shot people, thinking we may have to stand on top of the warrior so no one gets 'left out' next time (or bring more CC).

Got to Hydromancer Thespia - able to CC one elemental, and kill the other, but we only got Thespia down to 60% in three tires, before deciding to come back after a little bit of gearing up in Mech/Slave Pens etc
    Overall, good fun, not too demoralising, but something too come back too!

Thanks
    I only saw the state of the tiny tier armour yesterday (not sure if it affects all shoulders) but the Hunters flaming green shoulders which usually sit up above the Orcs head and look raher marvellous, were about as big as his fist, I would not be impressed somehow...
    Only 3 more levels and a bit and he'll be robo-cop, not Bannana-Rama *rocks back and forth*
    Better watch out though, be unfortunate to have a nasty accident in top of Ramparts...
    "I need healing!"
    "I Have LAAAAG!"
    outrageous!

saw a couple of orc warriors yesterday, both of whom looked very out of scale. But my hunter's broad and manly shoulders seemed unaffected

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita Blake View Post
    But my hunter's broad and manly
    Combined with the words 'Blood' and 'Elf', dosent that create an Oxymoron? (or just a moron?)