World of Warcraft ? - Page 234

Thread: World of Warcraft ?

Proven ability to roll with it. Gavin Smith's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Stable View Post
    ps: I notice on the forum you've got the backing of the guild Murg, expect a few more runs in future I think
    Next time I'll have banish/fear macros ready which will make life easier.

If there's an invite going I'd love to have a crack again.

It's difficult for me to get on before 8pm though due to the kids.
    The gray fixing screws on the EDO 04 head look like cheap stuff bought at the local gardening store.
    Well, it is cheap stuff and it comes almost from the local gardening store, but it works fine and it's very solid. We tried to destroy one by hitting it with a hammer... we succeeded but we really had to hit it hard - http://www.stde.ch/en/faq.php

2. Remove Advertisements
    Yorkshire-Divers.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Stick your name down on the calander (You're using the calander add-on I presume?) and if you cant make this one, there will be one next week (every wednesday, and hopefully Thursdays now too, as I'm at Kobudo Wednesdays), and Gruul this weekend.

Illhoof is made a lot easier with a 'lock on hand, and theres some suitable items to be had too

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacehopper View Post
    [whisper] what's raiding all about and when can I do it [/whisper]

G2 who hasn't got on WOW for 4 days !!
    We've been doing ok G2, and we'll get to the raiding eventually. Lets just make it to 70 first and we certainly need to do a few instance runs soon

5. Remove Advertisements
    Yorkshire-Divers.com
    Advertisements

So much more than a child's play thing! Spacehopper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita Blake View Post
    We've been doing ok G2, and we'll get to the raiding eventually. Lets just make it to 70 first and we certainly need to do a few instance runs soon
    I have a few Outlands quests waiting to be done as well as a few group quests. The kids in my guild don't seem interested, and I haven't managed to fill a PUG for quite a while. Whats going on, have instances fallen out of favour?

G2
    The other half of Team Rudolph
    Member of the Blonde Mafia Support Team
    If the next 50 years are anything like the past 50 years, I'll be an old man by the time I'm 100

Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.

Thanks
    Virtually impossible to get a decent PUG for a normal (let alone Heroic instance).

Everytime you get to three DPS, land a healer and then all the tank log off.

Grrrrrrrrr.

I just nag the guild as there's always someone who's bored.

Wait till you try to get a group for Arcatraz! I really want this - Thottbot World of Warcraft: Akama's Sash, but I've got to get through there first.
    The gray fixing screws on the EDO 04 head look like cheap stuff bought at the local gardening store.
    Well, it is cheap stuff and it comes almost from the local gardening store, but it works fine and it's very solid. We tried to destroy one by hitting it with a hammer... we succeeded but we really had to hit it hard - http://www.stde.ch/en/faq.php

Going down and loving it Luddite's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'll help out with padi or caed and any instances.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
    I'll help out with padi or caed and any instances.
    As an example of a PuG over the weekend I tried Slabs.

We weren't dpsing Blackheart fast enough so the druid asked if he could go and I do the healing!

Mmmm - IMBA lock healing FTW!

Suffice to say we didn't get past Blackheart.

Thanks
    I just made it to the Shade of Aran in Kara with my guild, but failed about 5 times to take him down We know the technique, it's just everyone doing it as they should! I think we menaged to get him to 18% or thereabouts...what a nightmare though.His pyroblast hits for 7500 HP...my priest only has 6300 health so died every time. I think the shield should absorb around 1500 though so that's the next thing for me to try and then some frantic healing afterwards to be ready for the next arcane missile...I like Kara. I love the design - very like Scholo/Strath with a lot of thought put into the look and feel of the place. With all the undead around suddenly priests are desirable to have in a party again in addition to those 'other' healers (the usurpers, Paladins and Shaman).With all the kills though and something like 4 or 5 bosses not a single item of any use to a priest has dropped

Thanks
    Aran was my first evah raid boss -well in fact my only raid boss if I'm honest!

I'm used to dpsing my way through instances. Usually the most exciting it gets is seeing if I can make it to the top of the threat list

It was a real eye opener to have to CC things.

Thanks
    Blackheart, is he the warlock or the Ogre?
    The warlocks a pain, but a tip is to kite him away from the adds...South, South, North North etc and burn him down asap.

Arca is a pain, as a) you need a flying mount, most do but limits it if you're getting a PUG.
    b) You need a key (see above)
    c) It's a long instance, quite tough and the first bit is a pain.

How did he expect you to heal Murg? :P
    Last ngiht I really didnt expect to get as far as we did, it was a bit of a shock to be drawing aggro from the tank...once he got his head around things though and got back into his former tanking role it went swimmingly...mostly...though it was fun kiting the druid around with a prist/mage combo! (The warrior was launched off the ledge...)

Shiny:
    What gear do you have on your priest at the moment? If you're using Primal Moon Cloth, you'll want some stamina gems putting in them, and a spirit enchant on the chest for good measure, but dont go overboard, +heal/+spirit/+mp5 are key for a priest.
    If you can get the whitemend set, the lack of stamina will be offset by those (im still working on them atm).
    Currently my health is creeping up to 9k, which is just a little too low for some parts of ZA as I keep finding myself getting hit by unlucky combos - Im thinking of getting one of the pvp gladiator pieces to boost my stamina/resilience, it wont heal as well but i'll survive longer.

Keep working at Aran, you'll down him, he's a pain no matter how well geared the raid Oh, and gz for downing Moroes...how I hate him

Keep hanging on for the drops though, theres loads to be had amongst the sheer tonnes of Badges of Justice.
    Attumen - gloves (first time for me)
    Moroes - Offhand (never seen)
    Maiden - bracers/mace (bracers early on, mace on Thursday, after a break from raiding Kara)
    Opera - Trinket, wand etc (never dropped for me, doh!)
    Curator - Tier 4 gloves, (3rd time)
    Aran - Boots, off hand (got the boots after first kill)
    Chess - Headpiece (4th run)
    They'll drop, you've just got to be lucky