World of Warcraft ? - Page 239
Page 239 of 243 FirstFirst ... 139189229230231232233234235236237238239240241242243 LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 2424

Thread: World of Warcraft ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Smith View Post
    /vent

Worse instance evah last night.

The difference between a good and mediocre/bad tank is amazing. Whilst I just can't do it myself (tanking that is) I'd have thought that if you're going to do it you would want to do it well.
    lol it's always the tank's/healers fault! :0
    I was tanking 5-man group quests yesterday, had great fun until a mage joined the party. We agree to clear the area first, but he immediately starts pulling bosses at Black Temple. what a git lol.

I'm not saying you didn't have a bad tank, but just occasionally groups need to learn that throwing out massive dps to rush the boss is not a big help if you want the little tankie to tank

I still got my Thottbot World of Warcraft: Overlord's Helmet of Second Sight though

G2 I did enjoy Ramparts. I need Coilfang now too. Took my rogue through DM the other day, got annoyed with the warrior who rolled 'need' on everything. Grrr. He's going to get a slapping next time I see him

2. Remove Advertisements
    Yorkshire-Divers.com
    Advertisements

Proven ability to roll with it. Gavin Smith's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita Blake View Post
    lol it's always the tank's/healers fault! :0
    That's not what I mean, it wasn't anyone's fault, although throwing your toys out of the pram and logging is not a nice thing to do.

What I should have said is that a great tank makes any instance easy mode - I've met a few excellent tanks and it then gets really fun seeing if I can out aggro them.

A tank that can REALLY control multiple mobs makes my life very easy. If I can throw a few gentle DoT's on a secondary target then I can get more Nightfal procs and go nuke happy.

With regards to Bosses I've never really had a problem with any tank.

As a lock my DPS tend to build slowly and the only real problem is a massive Amped, CoD proc but I accept this risk as it's always going to be 60ish seconds into a fight anyway. Frankly it's worth the repair bill to see your CoD hits XXXXX for 9,000dmg .

When I see it's ready to proc I make sure I'm ready with a soul shatter in case.

The other death I accept is from AoE. If I fuck up and don't SoC enough mobs then it's my problem, I don't need saving, no need to come to the rescue.

I've never had a problem with healing really but then again I tend to favour strong steady DPS and drain life usually puts me somewhere on the healing table as well.
    The gray fixing screws on the EDO 04 head look like cheap stuff bought at the local gardening store.
    Well, it is cheap stuff and it comes almost from the local gardening store, but it works fine and it's very solid. We tried to destroy one by hitting it with a hammer... we succeeded but we really had to hit it hard - http://www.stde.ch/en/faq.php

Thanks
    Hello!

Finally, we did it - Kael is down and I went and played in Mt Hyjal last night.

I still can't stop smiling.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Yorkshire-Divers.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    The gauntlet run in Shattered Halls you need to be damn quick, the longer you stay in that hal the more mobs you have to fight and the more likely you are to be the main guest at an orcish BBQ...

Kathy: if the mage pulled doomwalker that, I'm sorry to say, would make me laugh outloud...The number of times you hear his 'announcement' in SMV when somone accidentally pulls him (how? curioisyt perhaps?) is fairly amusing.

Thats a nice warrior helmet too, one I'll be after on Teronix I think, I like the stats on it, though permanatley seeing ghosts in SMV which can aggro you is a pain, and have left me confused when a mate was calling out for help when no one was attacking him...

Gav: As a healer you can spot the difference between tanks a mile off. Uusally you can tell how easy it's going to be if you see me start wanding mobs...if i'm 100% on my toes, we might be in trouble (see Underbog )

Troc: Congratulations! What did Kael drop?
    Surely that means, assuming you've downed FrostWhisper, you're BT attuned?

Thanks
    Sick of my shitty gear I blew nearly all my money last night and made the second piece of FSW.

Still got the crappy gloves, belt and pants though.
    The gray fixing screws on the EDO 04 head look like cheap stuff bought at the local gardening store.
    Well, it is cheap stuff and it comes almost from the local gardening store, but it works fine and it's very solid. We tried to destroy one by hitting it with a hammer... we succeeded but we really had to hit it hard - http://www.stde.ch/en/faq.php

Thanks
    I know how you feel, it took me aaaages to get my spellfire stuff! Be patient little evil undead one, you'll get there!

I'm sick of my shoulders, they're the only bit of blue gear I have left, I need to get into Kara and get the drop from Aran!

However, nearly got all my gladiator's PvP gear!

Thanks
    The spellfire mats are just evil!

It doesn't look like that from where I'm sitting... Ding Dang Doo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Oooooohhhhhhh, listen to you lot!

Here I am a lowly lvl28 and a bit warrior dwarf, and, although I am emabarassed to say it, I've only just realised I can throw a bloody weapon!

All these drops of monkey knifes and throwing axes and things, and I've just flogged the bloody things!

It wasn't until I was I a battle in some Gulch thing the other night, that I saw everyone else brandishing multiple weapons and the like that it got me a thinking!

Perhaps I should join a guild and someone would point me in the right direction! Only, I'm sterring clear of that 'cos my attendace is soooo irratic, I think I'd be kicked out pretty quickly.

Now I've got find a decent single handed weapon too, as so far I've been using two handed.... so off to the AH for me!

Bloody game....

Pete

Thanks
    Mwaahahahahahhaaaaa.

You'll find your attendance will improve. Trust me.

Thanks
    Gav, tell me about it, 380475834756 primal fires and 2745684 netherweb spider silk, gah!

Mr Dang Doo, I wouldn't worry about it, I didn't realise I could portal until I was level 40

Joining a guild is a great idea, there will be plenty of casual guilds rather than the 'OMGRAIDZANDEPICZ0RZNAOPLZ!' hardcore guilds that are, frankly, a tad scary! You'll get plenty of help no worries!