YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

World of Warcraft ?

115K views 2K replies 48 participants last post by  samuelddarden 
#1 ·
Anyone playing this ?

Brought it the other day as it was on sale, bl00dy addicted to the game now !

Just off for another 5 minutes fix, only 5 more I promise !!!

#2 ·
ancl said:
Anyone playing this ?

Brought it the other day as it was on sale, bl00dy addicted to the game now !

Just off for another 5 minutes fix, only 5 more I promise !!!
You poor bastard. I bought it in Feb and still can't stop playing. Want any hints and tips, just ask :)

Want some help? Make a horde character on Moonglade (RP server) and check if Nyargle (lvl 60 shaman) is on (or maybe my lvl 11ish priest Zimyip) and if I am not busy, I can maybe give you a hand :)

#4 ·
A Quick search on the interweb reveals all is lost for all those who enter.

I pity you I really do.

I played and was an addict of Ultima Online and even Counterstrike at one point in my life.

Since giving up computer gaming addiction I have taken up diving, running, healthy eating and lost over 3 stone in weight.

My Skin has a colour other than greay now and my eyes dotn look like a Panda.

Beware online gaming addiction is a serious issue and I know of people hwo lost their family, Job and income due to it.

#5 ·
My name is kev and I am addicted to world of warcraft.

I recieved it as a christmas present and have not left the house since (rickets are starting to be an issue).

Hopefully admiting it is my first step to recovery

Kev

#6 ·
thehappychappy said:
Since giving up computer gaming addiction I have taken up diving, running, healthy eating and lost over 3 stone in weight.
Luckily I am not the addictive sort and although I play a bit each week (one evening mostly and idly grind stuff whilst watching tv :) ), I also climb once a week, dive once a week, run 3 times a week, gym once a week, play DnD once a week, read a lot and still have time to go out and get drunk. Oh and go to work :)

The problem isn't even ehwn every spare moment is taken with gaming, but when you delay or stop doing everything else to make time for the game...... I've seen it happen to friends of mine:

Wake up, switch on game, play for a bit, rush shower and brekkie, close down game and go to work.

Home, switch on computer, start playing, grab crisps and coke occasionally, finally fall into an exhausted stupor at 2am.

Repeat 24/7.

That turns you into the overweight (or underweight) geaseball with zero social skills and barely enough energy to walk up the stairs who shrivesl at the sight of the sun.

heh.

#9 ·
BigHairyAl said:
You'll probably also find that when you start hitting levels 20 - 30, you'll get a bit bored with the endless 'kill 20 of these and 10 of those' quests, turn the game off and actually go outside.
Yeah btu then you get near the endgame at lvl 58+ and you "need" to grind for reputation or gold for that epic mount (1000g ffs - 800 with rep and rank discount) or for those cool patterns and things.

Then there's the fact that a raid to Molten Core (40 man dungeon) or one of the other big raid instances will easily last anything up to 7 hours (plus the hour to sort of arrive, get ready etc etc). My guild raids pretty much once a day - I choose simply to do one a week maximum but there are guys and gals who are there for every raid!

20-40 is actually quite a fun time, you can start to explore more of the world, some of the really fun instances become available to you (Scarlet Monastery is great fun) and the battlegrounds get interesting if you like PvP stuff.

lvl 60 is different, lots of people just start another character......

me? I am waiting for the burning crusade and lvl 70 :)

#10 ·
thehappychappy said:
I pity you I really do.
You haven't heard my life story yet, then you'll take pity on me :)

It all started when I was ........

Ah I remember diving as I look at the kit strewn across my spare bedroom ( I mean office )

Still enforced break time, off for a jolly into Haarlem.....

#11 ·
Is it cos I have no life :)

BigHairyAl said:
You'll probably also find that when you start hitting levels 20 - 30, you'll get a bit bored with the endless 'kill 20 of these and 10 of those' quests, turn the game off and actually go outside.
Just reached the dizzy heights of level 13 as a dwarf hunter.

#20 ·
We made the fatal mistake of buying this last Thursday. I'm now the proud owner of a L14 Elf Rogue called Munari on the Quel'Thalas server. I've also got a L1 Undead Warlock called Serefina on the Doomhammer server.

The only problem we have now is fighting over who gets to go on first once we get home from work/before we go out, it's sooooo addictive!

#21 ·
Thank god I am not the only one. Its getting to the point where do I go diving or play WOW. As the long dark nights are closing in WOW is starting to win.

atw I have
60lvl rogue
40lvl mage
40lvl hunter
14lvl warrior
7lvl warlock
all on shadowsong.

maybe we should get on the sme server and form a yd giuld

#23 ·
#25 ·
Right, what shall we do then?

Do we need to go on the server that the most of us are already on, with the players that aren't on that server creating new characters (which will be a bit unfair if we go raiding, etc), or do we all create new characters on a completely different server?

#26 ·
Sign me up :)

I'm currently on the DarkSpear server as lvl28 hunter.

The SouthPark episode is very funny btw.

Honest I still do have a live outside WoW, it just seems to be I spend most of it on the A2/A9/A4 between Utrecht and Schiphol Airport.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.