Meg MOD1 - Rip off?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Meg MOD1 - Rip off?

Thanks

Question Meg MOD1 - Rip off?

I've just seen Meg MOD1 training advertised at £850, are ISC taking the piss or what? How can they justify this cost when you can be trained on other units such as Boris for £600?

Ian
    Oh Durr, it's all going wrong

"Vigilant, the moment a delusion appears,
    Which endangers myself and others,
    I shall confront and avert it
    Without delay"
    (Translation of part of Tibetan Buddhist chant)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Yorkshire-Divers.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    does seem a lot.

I see Richie is offering cross over training from CCR to meg for £500. Seems Meg training is very expensive in omparison with other units. No idea why though

So raise your hand if you think that was a Russian turbanator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,199 Times in 686 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onthetrain
    does seem a lot.

I see Richie is offering cross over training from CCR to meg for £500. Seems Meg training is very expensive in omparison with other units. No idea why though
    So if you did inspo, then Meg you'd still be in it for a grand.
    Are other crossovers that much?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Yorkshire-Divers.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by turbanator
    So if you did inspo, then Meg you'd still be in it for a grand.
    Are other crossovers that much?
    I don't know, there's no way I'd pay £850 for a MOD1 though, it can't be any more complex than a boris course, looks like they are just exploiting the limited availability of Instructors, utter bollocks.

Ian

Without delay"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    I don't know, there's no way I'd pay £850 for a MOD1 though, it can't be any more complex than a boris course, looks like they are just exploiting the limited availability of Instructors, utter bollocks.

Ian
    Well in the UK there are only 2 Kiss (3 now?) instructors, I paid 500 for mod 1 here, so you're right, it's probably a pisstake.

This was my main query about BS-AC inspo courses. The first batch of instructors would probably be existing inspo instructors,. Why would any of them charge club rates for a BS-AC inspo course when they could earn 500 or so for example running an IANTD one?

If the BS-AC one was going to be 500 quid, then why choose it over an IANTD or TDI one?

I am a BSAC member btw, so its not an anti-BS-AC dig, just an observation.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by turbanator
    Well in the UK there are only 2 Kiss (3 now?) instructors, I paid 500 for mod 1 here, so you're right, it's probably a pisstake.

This was my main query about BS-AC inspo courses. The first batch of instructors would probably be existing inspo instructors,. Why would any of them charge club rates for a BS-AC inspo course when they could earn 500 or so for example running an IANTD one?

If the BS-AC one was going to be 500 quid, then why choose it over an IANTD or TDI one?

I am a BSAC member btw, so its not an anti-BS-AC dig, just an observation.
    I think BSAC needed to embrace CCR on a more formal footing hence the desire for an internal training module, I also wouldn't be too surprised to see the likes of Nick Jewison teaching it quite happily as he isn't dependent upon instructing fees for a living.

Ian

Without delay"

Thanks
    Well, I paid 850 for my MOD 1 course on a Meg and felt it worth every penny!!!!!!!!

You get what you pay for...quality instructors I think should be paid a suitable salary for quality training!!!!

If you were instuctor doing a full time course from 8am until about 8pm for 4 days...and did class room studies as well how much would you expect to get paid???

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg_NZ
    Well, I paid 850 for my MOD 1 course on a Meg and felt it worth every penny!!!!!!!!

You get what you pay for...quality instructors I think should be paid a suitable salary for quality training!!!!

If you were instuctor doing a full time course from 8am until about 8pm for 4 days...and did class room studies as well how much would you expect to get paid???
    I agree about the quality of instruction issue. Was your course 1:1?
    Mine had between 2 and 4 students on any particular day - that was my fault though as I had no leave left and could only do weekends, my my instructo fitted me in with other courses.

r
    Paul
    Last edited by turbanator; 08-11-06 at 09:41 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg_NZ

I did the MOD1 boris course and from what I know about the Meg I can't see it as any more complex a unit, the price still seems excessive to me. I don't care how many hours your course took, ultimately it comes down to the quality of the instruction and the receptivness of the students, there is only so much to learn in order to meet the course standards after all.

As regards my personal remuneration requirements, this is an irrelevancy, surely the industry norm is more applicable?

Ian

Without delay"

Thanks
    Hi,
    Just a little voice from the other part of the planet.
    My take on all this is that people have been under valuing their training globally for decades. Shouldnt really matter what people charge for a course. Its whether you get value for it. If you paid 50 pounds for a course and thought it was crap then I am sure you would not think it worth it and want your money back. My take is there is no such thing as "industry norm" If someone wants to under value themselves then you cant stop that. But if someone can give you value in what you paid for, then who cares if you paid 1000 for the course.

Again I come back to the simple thing. If you get value out of the training then it was worth it.

Pete

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast