Car Insurance
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Car Insurance

Thanks

Car Insurance

Anyone know or recommend a car insurance company who doesn't mind divers, i.e carrying tanks?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Yorkshire-Divers.com
    Advertisements

on last legs
    Thanks
    I've never even been asked about this let alone know anyone who has. Even after checking the small print in my insurance T & Cs, I can't find anything that says I cant carry tanks.
    Just out of curiosity, what prompted you to ask the question in the 1st place?

now with added miflex/ milf-flex pauldiving's Avatar
    Thanks
    tescos mate cheap as chips

5. Remove Advertisements
    Yorkshire-Divers.com
    Advertisements

Team Erectus Domini Co-Founder JDC's Avatar
    Thanks
    last year when I was sorting it out asda were cheaper then tesco, this year direct line were cheaper still. Nothing about tanks though

Thanks

Car Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
    I've never even been asked about this let alone know anyone who has. Even after checking the small print in my insurance T & Cs, I can't find anything that says I cant carry tanks.
    Just out of curiosity, what prompted you to ask the question in the 1st place?

I can't remember how the question came up in the 1st place, but I had to tell my current insurer that we carry them and they were happy with carrying tanks. However, when it came to renewing the company with the best price would not cover if carrying tanks. I shopped around and found a few who won't cover if carrying tanks. I think that insurers nowadays tend to put the onus on the customer to declare anything they may think could affect the insurance.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,296 Times in 511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andydivebum View Post
    I can't remember how the question came up in the 1st place, but I had to tell my current insurer that we carry them and they were happy with carrying tanks. However, when it came to renewing the company with the best price would not cover if carrying tanks. I shopped around and found a few who won't cover if carrying tanks. I think that insurers nowadays tend to put the onus on the customer to declare anything they may think could affect the insurance.

Spooky!.
    Thinking about things and weighing it all up. Ok thought about it.. Bye.

Thanks
    Are we not covered to carry as long as we are displaying the 'compressed air' and 'oxidising agent' if nitrox ready?

question 2, does this mean I need to keep quiet when renewing/getting new insurance over the next couple of days : )

iGeek therefore iTrek Noel Johnson's Avatar
    Thanks
    As far as I know the compressed air sticker is only mandatory if you're transporting cylinders as part of your work. For recreational divers they're not mandatory.

As I said, as far as I know.

Priveledge are the cheapest for this wee beastie

Luke Siltwalker, rebelling against black kit

Team bunny. Depth before dishonour.

Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you.... ratcliffe's Avatar
    Thanks
    But how do we know what may or may not affect the insurance ? We don't work in the insurance industry, so we have no way of knowing.

Thats like saying "I didn't know I had do have insurance so its OK for me to not bother"
    One Half of Team Rudolph
    53 Dives so far in 2012

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel Johnson View Post

Priveledge are the cheapest for this wee beastie

Privlidge not in our case £212.00 compared with Car Insurance, Cheap Motor Car Insurance, Travel Insurance, Pet Insurance Quotes Online UK - Swiftcover have just insured my one of those for £131 fully comp for the two of us felt i couldn't really argue the previous insurer Budget having quoted £240

i didn't mention dive cylinders, never even thought of it, what risk are we taking about 3rd party liability, the cylinders themselves causing the colission or their being stolen - if they're covered by your household for loss whats it got to do with them anyway??
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave_S; 04-07-07 at 09:37 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast