YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Shark off Cornwall - Some common sense at last

990 views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Chris W 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Great White off Cornwall? Quick, throw in more divers! Am a gonna get me a fishin'!!! ;)

But seriously, are we really surprised or bothered? Great Whites inhabit the Med and the Atlantic so why should they not be off Cornwall?

Just my tuppence worth.

Mike

#4 ·
Hi Mike,

Agreed.......................

I think the positive thing about this news article is that it actually paints the Shark in a more positive light and sends a good message about preserving these beautiful creatures..........

#13 ·
I think the positive thing about this news article is that it actually paints the Shark in a more positive light and sends a good message about preserving these beautiful creatures..........
Which is more than i can say for ITV news last night, they were celebrating the catch of a porbeagle, and saying "it is now safe to return to the waters"

#8 · (Edited)
I appreciate one is a state and the other national, and dogs are all over the place but the time frame alone says alot.

Plus im sure the dogs are doing us a favour....;)

Fatalities due to Dogs in USA
2007 9
2006 26
2005 29
2004 22
4 years 86

Shark Fatalities
1920s 0
1950s 4
1960s 0
1970s 0
1980s 3
1990s 1
2000s 2 up to 1994

#10 ·
[Quint]
"Anti-shark cage...
You go inside the cage . . .
Cage goes in the water . . .
You go in the water . . .
Shark's in the water . . . Our shark

Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies. Farewell and adieu you ladies of Spain. For we've received orders for to sail back to Boston. And so nevermore shall we see you again."

:)

ColinM

#16 ·
Im quite surprised that every fisherman in a 100 miles radius is not hunting this shark.

You bound to get some tw*t, trying to get the lime light by killing this poor thing.

Anyway there is a up side; I don’t have to go all the way to South Africa to do my “Shark Speciality” now, I can go to Cornwall Hoo Arr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.